Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

To Dusseldorf EDDL

EDDB is apparently close to 1000 Euro. Better use EDAZ which is more like 30 Euro depending on weight etc. They also have customs and immigration on request.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Sebastian_G wrote:

EDDB is apparently close to 1000 Euro. Better use EDAZ which is more like 30 Euro depending on weight etc. They also have customs and immigration on request.

That’s absurd, what’s EDDM like? Or best to no Nuremburg?

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

Very busy airport – you’ll be expected to fly as fast as you can inbound. I negotiated that I’d do so if given a CDA onto the ILS, this helps massively. Border Police on arrival along with customs, however sometimes they are at Gate 1, you’ll be driven by JetAviation to do so. Uber is half the price into the city center, as I found out on the return journey. On departure, you’ll go through security, no issues really, and went to and from the airplane multiple times. Make sure you have both your license and passport as this is checked. Also, you need a noise certificate – don’t forget this.

Parked 2 nights at a cost of EUR47.60
MIC Charge from JetAviation was EUR24.99
The landing fee was EUR11.90
Noise fees were waived on departure.
NOX fees EUR1.78 arrival and EUR1.78 on departure.
Grand total including VAT was EUR99.9

It’s very pricy but the fact you get to fly into a busy international airport and a very buzzing town with great beer, food, and nightlife is worth it.
Was offered a VFR departure as I missed my CTOT, but declined on the basis I filed IFR and didn’t want their problem to be mine in the air trying to negotiate an IFR whilst airborne. This meant a 20-minute taxi out from OBT to TOT. Lesson learned, don’t miss your CTOT.

https://airports.euroga.org/record.php?id=842

EGSG, United Kingdom

If 100 Euros including two nights of parking is „very pricey“, then wait what big airline airports in other countries in Europe will have in store for you.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

boscomantico wrote:

If 100 Euros including two nights of parking is „very pricey“, then wait what big airline airports in other countries in Europe will have in store for you.

I am just going with the consensus haha! :D

EGSG, United Kingdom

Also forgot to add, the GA Apron can no longer fill up AVGAS 100 LL. The airport has stopped it and thus there’s less GA there now. Luckily I was JetA1 but I elected to return fuel the aircraft in the UK.

EGSG, United Kingdom

Next will be Schiphol Airport, it’s bigger & cheaper ?

Luckily I was JetA1 but I elected to return fuel the aircraft in the UK

It’s no brainier for JetA

Last Edited by Ibra at 10 Oct 22:13
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Next will be Schiphol Airport, it’s bigger & cheaper ?

It’s on the list, is it cheaper now than the 300EUR for a weekend I’ve been told?

EGSG, United Kingdom

pilotrobbie wrote:

It’s very pricy but the fact you get to fly into a busy international airport and a very buzzing town with great beer, food, and nightlife is worth it.

Have you tried Gatwick?

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Gatwick

Some years ago, when it was just £500, people would land there just to get a logbook entry which they could show around the flying school

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message