Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Shoreham EGKA to Losinj LDLO 10-12 April 2015

The airport next to the lake is Zell am See, a favourite escape for many Bavarian pilots.

And the ski place is Kitzsteinhorn above Kaprun just south of the lake :)

LRSV, Romania

OK; thanks

I have delayed to 0900Z due to some stuff over the Alps which is moving out of the way

Track link

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

We got to the airport early so atc moved fp to 0830z!

The track link will break again…

Administrator

5:30 airborne time.
Wx was perfect and precisely as per the above IR image (well, it would be ). That little lump above Switzerland had tops around FL140; about -8C.
No wind to speak of till N France and then we got up to 45kt headwind – again as expected.

A great trip!

Administrator

Return flight:

The track link got broken because I asked the office what is the earliest they would let us depart (filed for 0900Z). This was misunderstood as me asking for an earlier departure. So ATC cancelled the FP and re-filed for 30 mins earlier.

Empty apron

The terminal at Losinj International

Departing from 20

The strip and village at Unije – no idea if it is active

I just love this area

Heading for Pula (while checking my email before the connection goes)

The amphitheatre

Some fish islands

Another aircraft seen!

This must be Venice

In which case this must be San Nicolo

Coming up to the Alps again, this time on the “SRN and then north” route

The IFR MEA of FL140 places you close to the terrain

The TB20 has great windows for this sort of thing

This is “typical Alps” i.e. flat bottomed canyons almost everywhere, so flying over them is not particularly high-risk provided you are high enough

The last of the Alps

Not much wind (is this a rather compact nuclear power station?)

An hour before the UK, picked up the destination wx, over the old Thuraya 7100 satphone, from a private site (it strips off adverts etc and presents just the data – essential when the connection is just 9.6k)… all looking good

Back home. It was windy – 20+kt with gusts so somewhat exciting

Now I need to process the raw versions (DNG) of the pics in Lightroom… a job for another day

Some costs:

Avgas at LDLO: 201 litres, total cost 3454 kuna (includes 25% VAT).
LDLO charges (landing and 2 nights’ parking) 479 kuna

(xe.com will convert the currency)

Administrator

Track files, GPX format, if anybody can find a suitable basemap to plot them on

EGKA-LDLO
LDLO-EGKA

against the filed routes

EGKA N0149F070 SFD/N0150F080 Y803 DVR L9 KONAN/N0152F100 L607 DENOX DCT ADIXO DCT ARCKY L607 SUXIM DCT ABDAP DCT GISNO DCT ABUKA DCT OKIBA DCT ABTAL L173 RIXED DCT ROKIL DCT MUN M867 VAVOR/N0148F130 M867 LOMRO/N0146F150 M867 NOKDA/N0152F110 Q100 ARNOS P125 URAVA L607 CRE CRE3C LDLO

LDLO N0152F100 PUL2F PUL P11 ROTAR/N0152F110 L615 INBUT N503 VIC L615 DESIP/N0148F130 N851 UTAVO/N0147F140 N851 SOPER/N0148F130 N851 ELMUR L613 HOC G4 RLP B3 BILGO H20 XORBI H40 ABB/N0150F120 N20 KUNAV/N0147F060 DCT WAFFU EGKA

Administrator

The strip and village at Unije – no idea if it is active

No, it’s not – you have to ask the permission to land and take-off but I don’t know how hard is to obtain it – I don’t think it’s worth of effort.

Last Edited by Emir at 13 Apr 08:54
LDZA LDVA, Croatia

The last time i landed there (Unije) was in 1999 … it’s a great place. Back then I even looked at a house that was for sale.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Very much appreciated.

Very coincidental that last year I stayed at Mare Mare hotel as well considering all the choices available. It was a great little hotel and we plan on going back If we werent put on the black list.

I hope they took it as a misunderstanding. My German engineer friend who is a problem solver solved a problem with their hot tub. Mare Mare has a roof top hot tub. We had our drinks all ready to view the sunset when we put our toes in only to find the water lukewarm at best about 22C. So we rigged up an arrangement to put hot water into the tub. Really not a big engineering project just took a hose off the shower and put it into the tub. Well life was sweet and the water hot as we were enjoying the sunset into the western sky. It was at the point of the sun sinking below the horizon when the owner showed up. After seeing the tub filled to the top his face started to match the red sky at sunset. A lot of loud words in Croatian part English and part German about the water. I tried to explain that the tub was cold not hot and so it was not my engineers fault for trying to fix it. It was in his nature. Anyway we left the scene with the owner still fuming. He didnt throw us out so that was a good thing.

KHTO, LHTL
Sign in to add your message