Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Antwerp - Handling

The AIP seems to indicate compulsory handling for GA, is this really the case? any other options for light aircraft, flying club etc?

Flying a Commander 114B
Sleap EGCV Hawarden EGNR

It was just the airport for me. No handling per se in the sense of a different company.

EGTK Oxford

I went there a few years ago. There was a ~ €80 charge for everything including the mandatory handling, which involved a bus for about 100 metres. May have changed, of course.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks

I have emailed them but no response yet!

Flying a Commander 114B
Sleap EGCV Hawarden EGNR

Ha, I had to walk, no bus for me.

EGTK Oxford

Then it sounds like the usual thing i.e. you land and a handler van drives out to meet you, and they have you by the balls at that point. If however you manage to arrive without the handler noticing, you can get away with it. I recall one of the locals explaining that to me but as usual visitors are a bit behind the curve when it comes to doing this just right…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I was there in November 2013 with a PA38 (VFR), I was charged €43. No handling, just the airport charges.

EHTE, Netherlands

Several members have reported landing there with no mandatory handling. After landing, request taxi to the G/A apron (and if you have the time, visit the Stampe & Vertongen museum just the other side of the fence).

I think a phone call might be more effective than e-mail, though.

Last Edited by at 17 Mar 10:33
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

No handeling, only if you ask think. I never noticed handeling for small acft. But i fly with a homebased plane.

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Every time I meet a handler I tell him I do not need him and want to do without handling. Most are honest enough and tell me OK, some lie and say it is mandatory. And then there are airports where it’s really mandatory. Handling agents are parasites for GA, best is to always try to get rid of them.

17 Posts
Sign in to add your message

Threads possibly related to this one