Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Poitiers

Seems a good stopping point on the way back from Barcelona given the huge headwinds. Don’t hear it mentioned much (other than Peter’s recent stop there) but hours and Customs PPR seem pretty good.

EGTK Oxford

Good to know. Have not been there myself, and I would not use customs there anyway, but I have been thinking about visiting the Futuroscope amusement park.

LFPT, LFPN

Not sure if the OP was a Q or a statement.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It means Jason is looking for opinions on Poitiers but not from you Peter. Did I get that right?

It means Jason is looking for opinions on Poitiers but not from you Peter. Did I get that right?

Ha. Not quite. Sorry Peter, are we only allowed to ask questions? I thought informative comments were also OK. I hope I haven’t broken another rule. Please advise!

Last Edited by JasonC at 21 Feb 20:29
EGTK Oxford

Don’t be silly Jason. No matter how many times I read your post, it isn’t clear if you have just been there or you plan to go there.

Seems a good stopping point on the way back from Barcelona given the huge headwinds. Don’t hear it mentioned much (other than Peter’s recent stop there) but hours and Customs PPR seem pretty good.

If you plan to go there and want useful feedback you need to phrase a question so it is clear. You work in banking; I am sure you can do it

Administrator

You are a banker; I am sure you can do it

Actually I am not. Are you an electrician?

Seems is clear, I am going there tomorrow, I was merely commenting that I don’t see it mentioned much and the terms make it appear to be a pretty good stop. It is an observation.

If I was asking a question I would have placed a question mark in the relevant spot!

Perhaps instead of making a somewhat snide point, you could have followed up my observation with information. ie do you agree? I find one line responses to be of very limited value.

Last Edited by JasonC at 21 Feb 20:57
EGTK Oxford

Actually I am not.

here

I am an electrician of sorts – correct.

If I was asking a question I would have placed a question mark in the relevant spot!

You fooled Achim too, which takes some doing because he is much more clever than I am

Poitiers is like many French provincial airports. After the last Ryanair flight, and if the aeroclub is shut (after about 5pm on a weekday, or if there are clouds) getting off airside can be interesting. But there is usually a man there till about 5pm. After that, can be tricky and I had to be rescued once. Not as interesting as Bergerac, where a rope might be useful

Administrator

You fooled Achim too, which takes some doing because he is much more clever than I am

No, I think he was just making a terribly funny joke.

Poitiers is like many French provincial airports. After the last Ryanair flight, and if the aeroclub is shut (after about 5pm on a weekday, or if there are clouds) getting off airside can be interesting. But there is usually a man there till about 5pm. After that, can be tricky and I had to be rescued once. Not as interesting as Bergerac, where a rope might be useful

There you go. That is interesting. Tell us about your rescue and Bergerac?

Last Edited by JasonC at 21 Feb 21:06
EGTK Oxford

Tell us about your rescue and Bergerac?

Actually I can’t (seriously) because if I posted the way I got out (which was quite easy once I found out) they would block it.

Administrator
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message