Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Annecy LFLP Meet-Up 2-4 June 2023

Some impressions of what to do in two days (one night) in Annecy. We also really appreciated the evening with the group! Sorry no private fotos from me in an open forum, but as an exception my 3 y/o (with pixelation) driving the boat on lake Annecy, that was just so great I couldn’t resist to share.

Last Edited by UdoR at 05 Jun 17:05
Germany

I got some pics and a video together. Video is uploading. Airport database report:
https://airports.euroga.org/record.php?id=1367

There were various difficulties with sorting out correct information re customs and immigration, with the local police telling people they need the 24hr PN even within schengen, and this was repeated on the airport website. See here. This remains unresolved, although visitors from Belgium and Germany were not actually required to see the police and the airport reception confirmed this. They also operate a policy of you having to wait for the police without a time limit, so I could not leave after landing for a couple of hours. This is not legal. See here.

Nice wx on the way there – FL110

N France

In-flight catering It was only a 3hr flight (at 150kt) otherwise I would have asked Justine to make me a flask of mocha

Nearly there. Wx as expected
LFLP 020200Z 0203/0303 VRB05KT CAVOK PROB30 TEMPO 0212/0216 FEW050CB PROB30 TEMPO 0216/0220 VRB15G30KT 2500 TSRA BKN045CB
Geneva sent me really close to that lot; I had to push them for a right turn

Ipad failed as usual – any sunlight does it

Final 04 before breaking right to circle to 22 (22 used despite 6kt tailwind; no idea why given the IAP is 04)

Downwind

Base

The tower

At the pumps. I asked for assistance since the AIR BP machines switch to English when they see a UK card but then switch to French later

3 of the group of about 5

Annecy is a really classy destination

Apparently this used to be a jail

Crab salad

The boat trip on the lake was really good

Departure on 22

After this, IMC all the way to FL160. TKS was used and worked well as always. Climbing at +300fpm at FL160 which is not bad, for -11C at FL160

Used less than half tanks for each leg of the trip

Video coming up

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Video of the outbound flight

Administrator

I’m jealous but I couldn’t come – at this moment it was simply too much stuff to do at one moment without possibility to reschedule. However, I’m visiting LFLP this summer.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Thanks @UdoR and @Peter, nice pics (which I way prefer to vids for which I just don’t have time (maybe in my next carrer as retirement home guest)).
Annecy sure is a nice place in a beautiful region, and I’m happy to see your airplanes got a wash for free

PS
The unfortunate thing for me is that Annecy is too close to my place, so the the ESGK fly-in I took part in during the same time was more productive in racking some hours towards my PPL renewal next year.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Thanks everyone for posting your updates. I’m a 43h PPL student based in Vinon, France – 130NM south of Annecy. I hope I can join you one day soon, but for now I’ve enjoyed hearing everyones’ stories, especially your video Peter. I hope you don’t mind my cluttering your thread to say thanks! All the best, Ben

LFNF (Vinon) , France

Best reward for me is that people find it useful, so feel free and ask any questions

Administrator

I used @Peter s video for another instrument training session. To mentally fly the approach. Very good source due to the comms included!

Germany

Thank you I did include, hopefully, all ATC audio applicable to my flight.

Administrator

Bienvenue @benjamjin

I remember flying over Vinon on the way to Corsica, but have never been. Good luck with the rest of the PPL.

Annecy does look good in the photos, especially the water. I missed the 2020 fly in there so interesting to see what it looks like.

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom
20 Posts
Sign in to add your message