Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying from the EU (Netherlands) to the UK and back

Hello, hope to be flying from The Netherlands to the UK this sunday. I’m sorted if I file a GenDec, GAR and a flightplan (out & return), correct?

Last Edited by Bobo at 08 Jun 11:17
EHTE, Netherlands

You probably know that NL want you to use their own systems Homebriefing https://hbs.ixosystem.eu/ixo/login.php for FPL and Gendec https://www.gendec.eu/ for Gendec forms. I don’t know if Gendec covers the UK requirement – I use Onlinegar https://www.onlinegar.com/splash.olg?FromDefault for this. They don’t like FPLs submitted by AFTN.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

Homebriefing can’t be mandatory for IFR surely. It must be only for “V” flights. Z Y I must be doable via normal electronic filing.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

EHTE should allow IFR departures & arrivals, it will not require one to go via NL AIS/ARO !

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Thank you all! I’ll send every respective form/file/plan thru the appropriate channel of communication.

FYI Teuge does not allow for IFR departures or arrivals during regular opening hours – go figure…

EHTE, Netherlands

OK, it’s in Golf airspace and the runway is uncontrolled but it has IFP (instrument procedures), however, it only allow one to file Z & Y, nonetheless one can operate IFR when AD Info is not around, gotcha ! is that what we call VFR airfield? or IFR airfield?

The runway allows one to depart in 400m but arrival LPV has MDH higher than 500ft (with no single obstacle around), a good candidate example for IFR from/to non-instrument runway on GNSS without ATC…is someone in Dutch CAA/ANSP having a tough time to swallow the concept?

Last Edited by Ibra at 08 Jun 13:06

Great to know fax is no longer required for NL

There are many many relevant threads also e.g. this one.

For the UK end, it is just the GAR and the flight plan, in both directions. As usual, check airport AIP and airport notams for special requirements. The UK is really simple relative to some other places, but for some reason many mainland pilots think it is complicated

However the OP did not say VFR or IFR.

OK, it’s in Golf airspace and the runway is uncontrolled but it has IFP (instrument procedures), however, it only allow one to file Z & Y, nonetheless one can operate IFR when AD Info is not around, gotcha !

I am totally confused.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I am totally confused

Me as well, I gather it’s done on purpose by Dutch NAA/ANSP (sort of LPV to Sywell), good luck flying in/out under IFR at Teuge !

Last Edited by Ibra at 08 Jun 13:23

The history of it is that it dates back to when night VFR was prohibited in the Netherlands, except for training flights necessary to pass a CPL. So this kind of “IFR at night only” is the way to allow the airport to be used at night. But that is:

1. PPR
  2. expensive (you pay for the info agent to stay later)
  3. limited to a certain maximum number of approaches per year (not per aircraft, for the aerodrome)

Probably because you basically overfly the (outskirts of the) town to the east on approach?

ELLX

Good catch, that is not surprising for outdated AIP entries, “VFR during the night” is not possible in many AD (they are IFR only after sunset, few AD in Spain/Italy have similar funky restrictions with AD VFR stopping at sunset although SERA allows NVFR)

Still not convinced why “IFR during the day” is not possible? there are published instrument procedures for Tuge (it’s not like a pilot is dead reckon himself in/out of Breda under 1500ft)

Last Edited by Ibra at 08 Jun 15:12
24 Posts
Sign in to add your message