Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

<ranting> Cuneo Levaldigi (LIMZ) 1400 eur hangar parking for 1 week

Hi,
I need to vent after receiving the offer from the handling company at Cunego Levaldigi (LIMZ) for a week hangar parking at that airport.
I planned to stay there for 7 days and asked the cost for a spot in a hangar for a PA28, and they proposed 1.400 eur plus 110 for handling.
I’m flabbergasted…the other places I’m going to during the same trip cost no more than 16 euros per day for a hangar spot.
Am I naive, and this is a normal price in “international airports” (we can question that term for LIMZ though), or is that price actually insane?
Unfortunately there are no valid alternatives in the area, so I’ll probably have to change plan and just drive there by car.
Thank you and sorry for ranting.

EHLE LIMB, Netherlands

I don’t think most people would bother hangaring their PA28 when away for a week. Just put a cover on it and park it outside.

Hangarage is usually hard to come by. So if you were able to secure it, I’d say that’s unusual. At an international airport, a hangar spot is probably a whole hangar, designed for a 737, hence the cost!

EIWT Weston, Ireland

If you think €1400 is excessive, try Gatwick EGKK And that’s no hangarage; that’s just a contribution to the Signature handling cartel.

Just get a lightweight sunlight reflective cover. The ones from Bruce’s Custom Covers in the US are very good; my plane was no more than ambient OAT even in Greece.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Thanks for your messages :)
I discussed with the handling company, in the end I will park outside for 110 EUR. After their initial proposal I was expecting an outrageous offer also for parking outside, luckily it was not!
And yes, as dublinpilot said, they explained the hangar cost is fixed so if you fly a Piper it’s bad, if you fly a 737 it’s a good deal. I’m just flying the wrong plane :)
At least it’s sorted and I don’t need to rant with all of you anymore. Will definitely look for the cover you suggested, hope I can get one on time as I’m leaving in 10 days.
Plan is LIMB – LIRJ – LIMZ – LIMB. Will keep you posted and fingers crossed for the weather.
Thanks!

EHLE LIMB, Netherlands

Quote I’m just flying the wrong plane :)

Exactly: you decided on the wrong fix for the problem by parking outside. The proper fix is a change of aircraft. You don’t need a 737, a G600 will do

Antonio
LESB, Spain

Cuneo may not be the sexiest place in Italy although it’s a nice place to visit – I’m often passing by in winter by car when going in the Alpes from Nice. But on your way, you may prefer Lucca that is really nice. Just take a good care on opening days.
The problem with Cuneo in summer is usually weather as it’s south east of the alps, with a lot of convective weather and thunderstorms.

Last Edited by greg_mp at 25 Jul 06:09
LFMD, France
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message