Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Barcelona Area - Sabadell (El Prat LEBL, or Sabadell LELL) or Girona LEGE

Girona I may reserve for my Ibiza trip and a stop there for future.

The autopilot is still unserviceable, so will need a couple of stops for the trip. Presume Sabadell is a good option, but must clear customs in France?

Then short train ride into Barcelona?

Qualified PPL with IR SP/SE PBN
EGSG, United Kingdom

I am now starting to plan Girona as I’ll probably be staying very nearby and chilling + visiting Barcelona. I heard of some issues in regards to parking at Girona many years ago, where whoever it was refused a fuel stop and parking?

I didn’t see issues mentioned in https://airports.euroga.org/record.php?id=360

Anyone been recently?

EGSG, United Kingdom

Flying to Spain IFR is simple right? Is there a GENDEC? Or just get a handler (I.e. Girona) and file a FPL?

Appreciate any wealth of info.

EGSG, United Kingdom

All ANEA airports require handlers and the handler name in case 18 of FPL (maybe San-Sébastien is one exception)

The list of handlers is in AD AIP, they will tell you what you need to send this goes from “send nothing, it’s ACK” to “send everything”: gendec, copy of all passports, credit card details, noise certificates…

Last Edited by Ibra at 04 May 11:36
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Okay, no worries. Who are usually the best companies to use? All of them except Aviapartner/Iberia have replied with varying prices. It’s just a case of reading what’s on offer and choosing the best one? Obviously going in IFR, they’ll charge me the slot fee + AENA ATM movement fee?

EGSG, United Kingdom

Not quite sure how the situation is at Reus (LERS), south of Barcelona. I recall that in the past people went there if they wanted to avoid BCN. It is AENA however so probably very expensive and compulsory handling. Yet it would be a good alternative to BCN for IFR.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

I’ve got a few quotes, but not sure which handler to pick up on? Is there a spot to read reviews on handlers? Most of the Spanish ones seem to be all over Spain. I’ll ask them details they require from me.

In terms of alternate, Reus is quite far from Girona? I was thinking putting Sabadell as ALTN1 then Barcelona ALTN2 for a dire emergency. (Presume they’d accept a dire emergency?)

EGSG, United Kingdom

VFR airfields inside a CTR are the worst possible choice for alternates. Not a good choice unless you only fly if the weather is good anyway.

Dire emergency? Say Girona has a blocked runway ans Sabadell is below VFR? They might take a dim view. What about Perpignan?

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Always use Iberia as handling agent. Efficient and cheap. 20€ all included.
You have more info here: http://www.aopa-spain.org/index.php/es/defensa-de-la-ag/handling
If you use any private aviation handling agent they will charge you 100€.

Don't get too slow
LECU, Spain

@boscomantico

Good point, if there’s TSRA the other side of the mountains at least I can stop and go. 24HR customs right?

I think I looked earlier, Reus would be doable on fuel too.

@speed couldn’t get a response from Iberia. Do they still handle at Girona?

EGSG, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message