Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Trip to Southern Spain

What about Cannes (LFMD) as refueling point?

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

It’s OK, too. Landing fee 30ish though (roughly 20 in Montpellier, 10 in Beziers)
I would check fuel prices. These might make more of a difference.

Last Edited by boscomantico at 26 Jun 08:12
Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Cannes is a bit more expensive (still OK) but way more scenic than Montpellier and Béziers.

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

No e-mail reply from either Beziers or Granada for two days. If I don’t get anything by Monday afternoon, I’ll try to phone them.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I have found Spanish airports virtually never reply to any communications – email or fax.

If you want to communicate, you need to phone them, and it may have to be in Spanish. What I found in the case of Salamanca was that first a Spanish speaker phoned them to get the name etc and after that I could email with a Spanish google translation

There is actually a lot to be said for always including a google translation with any email sent to a non-English airport. Most ground staff can’t speak English.

I went to Granada here. No problems at all. I remember the blonde driving the handling vehicle Curiously I have zero contact with them in my emails so maybe I just phoned them. The place was full of planes with grass growing around the wheels. Almost the only airworthy ones were mine and a Partenavia used for pleasure flights. A great part of Spain… one can see why they made the spaghetti westerns there

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I never had any mail or phone contact with Granada in advance. I think, coming from Béziers you can just fly there. We once had to call Béziers in advance because we needed customs when we continued to Morocco. I guess you need customs/immigration?

EDFM (Mannheim), Germany

Why would you email Granada ??

You may have seen this already, but just in case – the AIP

So anything with a bigger wingspan than 13 m: mandatory handling. You have a few options to avoid though:

1. Jump out once clear of the runway and take off the winglets
2. Just go there and play dumb.

Also not sure why you should call them, but there is something that says ‘when PPR is activated’… So does not harm to just ring them, although they may ask you for aircraft type and may warn you of the winspan limitation which makes it more difficult to play dumb later.

Last Edited by aart at 28 Jun 19:41
Private field, Mallorca, Spain

I don’t think this is relevant to you, as it says ‘parking on the commercial apron’, whereas you will be parked on the GA apron. But yes, in light of the above, a call may indeed be an idea…..

I got reply from both Beziers and Granada today and confirmed date&time of my arrival.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia
Sign in to add your message