Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Toussus Le Noble LFPN

Someone I know certainly did – since he has an Aerostar, probably the person you mention. It was pretty unpleasant, too, in terms of the penalty. And, so he claims, doing 100 knots in an Aerostar is not just difficult but unsafe, because you are very close to Vmc. The whole thing is nuts. LFPN is a pretty weird place anyway. I’ve only been there once, and it’s like flying in a one-ended tunnel.

LFMD, France

I used to fly a lot out of LFPN including annual MEIR check flights. You always really needed to be familiar with the airport to not receive complaints. Nowadays it is very difficult especially VFR even for those based there. The DSAC north really do come down on aircraft flying over the blue circles. I stay away now unless I have to.

France

johnh wrote:

Someone I know certainly did – since he has an Aerostar, probably the person you mention. It was pretty unpleasant, too, in terms of the penalty. And, so he claims, doing 100 knots in an Aerostar is not just difficult but unsafe, because you are very close to Vmc.

How fast did he fly? The rules say 100 kt or 1.45xVs. For an Aerostar the latter would be around 110 kt, depending on the variant.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden
83 Posts
Sign in to add your message