Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

The rise of the drone

Liked the pause button/hold, virtual fence and auto-land. One way to keep the flying within budget.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Looks like Dubai police will be flying on big drones. Perfectly safe, isn’t it?

Last Edited by loco at 15 Nov 19:17
LPFR, Poland

Well, you will hear them coming from miles away

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

loco wrote:

Looks like Dubai police will be flying on big drones. Perfectly safe, isn’t it?

I’d say perfectly fun ! OTOH, they are not flying drones but rather quadrocopters. By definition a ‘drone’ or UAS / UAV (unmanned aerial system or vehicle) is, by definition, just that: unmanned. Doesn’t look like that in Dubai. What surprises me here somewhat, is that they don’t use a hexa or octocopter for redundancy. But then again, I guess life is cheap in the Middle East.

Last Edited by 172driver at 15 Nov 22:51

Someone I know has developed this thermal imaging mod for the DJI Mavic 2.

No way to hide now

https://revolvedrones.com

Administrator

Only tangentially relevant to this forum, but I saw this yesterday and found it disturbing:

A dystopian take on the rise of drones is this film, Slaughterbots, released by the campaign Ban Lethal Autonomous Weapons

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Slaughterbots

Interesting, though perhaps not as feasible (on a large scale) as suggested in the video.

Administrator

It’s picking up. Foreflight graphical notams is full of „UAS activity“…

always learning
LO__, Austria

MedEwok wrote:

A dystopian take on the rise of drones is this film, Slaughterbots, released by the campaign Ban Lethal Autonomous Weapons

Watch „Colony“, it’s dystopian!

always learning
LO__, Austria

Many human tragedies over thousands of years would have been avoided if attempts to ban microliths had succeeded.
There is now no way to stop drones being used as weapons.
Look at the history of gunpowder – once the “bad guys” got hold of the Chinese entertainment technology.

Maoraigh
EGPE, United Kingdom
30 Posts
Sign in to add your message