Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Switzerland from above

This guy (from Speck I believe) does great quality videos. Still a little bit of vibration, which he doesn’t seem to be able to get rid of?, but otherwise great.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Pity he did not use a filter to get rid of the prop

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Great scenery!

I suspect he has the camera on some sort of elastic mount because the vibration is at a low frequency. Or there is a (low) beat frequency between the vibration frequency of the camera+mount, and the frame rate.

No filter removes the prop. All that (neutral density) filters do is to reduce the amount of light reaching the sensor, which forces the camera to use a slower shutter speed, which improves things a bit. But the only way to actually get rid of the prop is to use a proper movie camera, and set the shutter speed to something like 1/100. Then the prop can disappear completely as e.g. here And same with still cameras… 1/60 removes the prop (3B prop at 2400rpm) completely.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Beautiful scenery, hopefully next time he approaches mountain ridges at a 45 degree angle to have an out in case of ‘curl’.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

An ND filter will render the prop almost invisible – sufficiently to stop it being annoyingly intrusive

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I would like to see a video where the prop is almost invisible, with a “webcam-style” camera (e.g. Go-Pro) and in good light. I am not disputing there is one but I have never seen one.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Beautiful !!

EGKB Biggin Hill London

Another one – short but nice – out by Swisspilot101:

Lovely!

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Let’s put it here. Last summer, our member @Frans had a GA celebrity on board with him. Well done! He was quite overwhelmed.

The video has English subtitles.

16 Posts
Sign in to add your message