Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

ATPL - New 'Quadrant' Style Questions

I am embarking on my ATPL studies. I’ve just been through he Meteorology syllabus/question bank with Bristol Ground School.

I understand that it used to be the case that achieving 85-90% on the question bank was an indicator that you are good to go for the exams and likely to pass.

With the new style of questions dubbed the ‘Quadrant’ system by the CAA (https://publicapps.caa.co.uk/docs/33/InformationNotice2017028.pdf) is this still the case? I understand that at the same time as the migration to the new system, new questions have also been introduced.

Has anyone sat the new style exams and would like to share what was effective as a learning strategy?

I am sitting my final two exams in February. The first batch were all multiple choice and I used Aviation exam to practice.

Alex
Shoreham (EGKA) White Waltham (EGLM), United Kingdom

I just recently went through CBIR theory exam. There were some questions where I had to enter the solution instead of selecting it from 4 options. But the question itself didn’t change so recognition was still possible. There were some ‘multi select’ but they weren’t really hard.

Safe landings !
EDLN, Germany

Alex_ wrote:

The first batch were all multiple choice and I used Aviation exam to practice.

When did you do the first batch? was it after quadrant came in and what was a successful learning strategy? just bash the question banks?

I took the CBIR 2016 in Germany and the LBA already had the free text answers then. And strange enough the software allowed to select multiple answers, even though only one was correct at that time. But it seems they planned ahead!

P19 EDFE EDVE EDDS
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message