Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Completing NVFR training in two different schools/instructors

I started NVFR training in November with school “A” on airport “B”, did a ground class and already had 1 training flight.
Airport “B” however has now published a NOTAM: No NVFR TGL training after 17:30UTC.
Since I have a busy job and airport B is one hour drive this practically means: impossible to continue training on weekdays. Only option is in the weekends, between sunset and 17:30, but then sunset/instructor/aircraft/weather/wife have to agree. In reality training options have reduced from 100% to maybe 10-20%.

I had my PPL training on airport “X” with instructor “Y” attached to a flying club. Airport X is my homebase for all (day)flying activities.
Airport “X” has now published a NOTAM that NVFR training is now (back) allowed Mo-Fri SS till 19h UTC (…if only they had published this 2 months earlier…)

Is it legally possible to continue and finish my training with instructor Y on airport X (instructor Y is not at all linked to school A). Or do I have to redo ground class with instructor Y? Or do I have to ‘retake’ the first flying lesson? What are the consequences of switching?

EBKT, Belgium

Hi,

I believe that as far as A can provide B with your training notes/records, you should be fine. From the legal point of view, all its required is that you complete the 5 flight hours syllabus and the instructor is satisfied with your flying.

Switching usually means a bit of extra time flying so the new school/instructor can check your skills. Nothing else in my opinion.

Last Edited by Fernando at 06 Dec 15:43
EGSU, United Kingdom

This is very much up to the school/ATO that will sign you off in the end. There is no specific TK or flying syllabus (yet) as per EASA, but it could be in the approved training manual of the school. Otherwise, I agree with Fernando.

Last Edited by huv at 07 Dec 10:37
huv
EKRK, Denmark
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message