Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking to finish PPL, a bit stuck

Tango wrote:

As there is no formal syllabus,

Well, there is – in AMC1 to FCL.210/215. It is not as detailed as the CPL/ATPL/IR syllabi but it is there. It mentions that “AIP” should be included. Even without further details, I would say that means you should know what the AIP is and what information can be found in it. So I would say your theory book is lacking. Certainly the standard LAPL/PPL theory books used in my place covers the parts of the AIP and what is found in them.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

I think they also do in the French books. I suppose the big question in how to study is whether you think the exams should be a test of memory or a test of knowledge.
I suppose the question writers have also got to find wording that tests without giving the answer in the question. In the 2 questions above in the first it tests that you understand what a line of sight (quasi (similar to) optical), often used phrase in wi fi instructions..You also understand that VHF waves are line of sight and are not like medium or long waves, such as those used for NDBs which can be reflected by the stratosphere.
The second means knowledge that there is such a thing as the AIP that there is a section called AD and you should know that they contain some sort of charts either VAC or IAC to help you land there.
I agree sometimes the wording of the questions is sometimes a bit weird but how would you ask each of the above questions and still by the answer discover that you have the knowledge.
It is perhaps much easier if instead of a written theory you sat face to face with an examiner. But then of course you will always be wondering if he/she is trying to trick you.

France
22 Posts
Sign in to add your message