Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

EASA PPL - distance learning (online) options in EU

wow, having a book telling 1KG = 1N makes me indeed wondering about the quality of the course material..

thanks again though for your input – I must admit I was expecting for many more schools providing online training (especially after covid), but probably this is true mainly for those providing IR, CPL, etc. as well.

Belgium

The problem is that most PPL theory training in countries like France is carried out in clubs.
Here you get one book in a box which also contains a question bank and a chart where the instructor records your progression, theory lessons, flights and exercises covered.
This book is all you need to pass your PPL theory.
However if you feel you would like more or a different way of explaining certain aspects there is a lot of very good material on line. As I mentioned before the FAA online material is superb but of course you need to make some allowances for the fact that they are about flying in the USA. One example is the units used for eg altimeter settings. But you can learn a great deal from looking at the differences.
I should have added that in clubs the theory is done with your instructor before, after or instead of a flight. Home study with the one book then reinforces what you learn.

Last Edited by gallois at 03 Aug 07:12
France
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message