Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Stobart Air entering liquidation

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-57451845

“Stobart Air staff received an email from the company’s managing director on Friday night informing them of the situation.

It outlined that Ettyl Limited, a company based in the Isle of Man, had agreed terms with Esken, the owners of Stobart Air, to buy the company.

However, according to the email, Esken discovered on Thursday evening Ettyl Limited was unable to acquire the company “on the original terms” or “obtain an alternative funding package within the required timescale”.

The email stated that Stobart Air was now in the process of appointing a liquidator."

What does that mean for Southend?
Best IFR airfield north of London. :(

EGTR

Is this Stobart air that has Carlisle and the transport flights which was sold recently?

I think Stobart group has southend.

However the whole thing seems overly complex and about as sound a 3 pound note.

I heard Aer Lingus is taking over the routes.

I guess this is what normally happens. If there is a viable business, it gets taken over quickly.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

arj1 wrote:

What does that mean for Southend?
Best IFR airfield north of London. :(

No idea but I understand it’s a separate buisness & management but it still under same credit & corporate line, so it will take some hit…

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

arj1 wrote: What does that mean for Southend? Best IFR airfield north of London. :(

No idea but I understand it’s a separate buisness & management but it still under same credit & corporate line, so it will take some hit…

Apparently it is owned by the SA’s owner, so we’ll see…

EGTR

Peter wrote:

I heard Aer Lingus is taking over the routes.

They were already operating routes on behalf of Aer Lingus, under the brand “Aer Lingus Regional” in the Aer Lingus colours.

I think but aren’t 100% sure, that Aer Lingus is just taking over those routes which were operated on it’s behalf.

EIWT Weston, Ireland

Esken is selling Aviation Branch (Stobart Air) to pay for debt

About the time when Southend picks up with EasyJet

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2023-03-02/london-southend-airport-up-for-sale-as-esken-begins-breakup

Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom

Ibra wrote:

Esken is selling Aviation Branch (Stobart Air) to pay for debt
About the time when Southend picks up with EasyJet

@Ibra, it’s shame – nice airport, not sure now who buys it.

EGTR

The first problem with Southend in that article is it’s described as London Southend. It’s nowhere near London. Calling it a London airport is misrepresentation.

If you can’t get to an airport on an Oyster card, it’s not a London airport, simple as that, and people are probably not being fooled.

Andreas IOM

alioth wrote:

The first problem with Southend in that article is it’s described as London Southend. It’s nowhere near London. Calling it a London airport is misrepresentation.

If you can’t get to an airport on an Oyster card, it’s not a London airport, simple as that, and people are probably not being fooled.

@alioth, London Oxford? :)
Southend is OK for London – 52min from the terminal on the train.

EGTR
13 Posts
Sign in to add your message