Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

South of France

They may also require the French TOTAL fuel card.

Annecy has BP fuel (pump accepts BP Sterling card), but if you’re going to fly regularly in France, it pays to get a TOTAL card as well.

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

If you prefer small in south east :
GAP is the best for the aeronautic atmosphere (skydiving, gliders, helico….) in a very nice place. Lakes and mountains. 2 restaurants and hotels. Of course AVGAS and very low fees
You can also choose friendly grass strips with AVGAS : Montelimar ancone for example or Romans. Clubs and mechanics make these airfield living.
Keep in mind Aubenas is the only airfield I know with AVGAS standard credit card machine. There is a good restaurant.
Avignon can be a good choice (19€ taxe but very nice city to visit)
If you go Montpellier and you prefer GA atmosphere better to choose Montpellier Candiargues than Montpellier Mediterannee. Of course if you need rentals, it is the opposite.

In Corsica I tried Calvi and Bastia. Both are very nice, I prefer Calvi because of the very close to town location.
I don t know well south west I enjoyed Albi one time. Very close to the city (which is interesting)

Another very good think you can use is http://www.ouicar.fr it is a website to rent car between people. By this way, you can find a car almost everywhere very useful when traveling by plane. Use google translate if you need help feel free to ask.

I m based on a very small airfield but very nice. Short final is on a lavander field. LFNV. But only a club and AVGAS is only for based aircraft. Not very welcoming.

PPG

PPG
LFNV
12 Posts
Sign in to add your message