Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Singles versus Twins

gallois wrote:

@Emir did you never do OEI and go missed exercises in the final approach during training and in annual check outs?

In DA42 only simulated at 2000 ft or above. In Seneca I did it few times on actual approaches. In simulator for various types I did it many times.

gallois wrote:

Personally, I would never, ever, ever use rudder trim OEI until I have controlled, cleaned up and regulated the aircraft.

Me neither. I just commented that using trim would ease your leg. And I can’t imagine scenario in which my leg is tired after a minute or so which is more than enough to clean the aircraft and bring it to stable climb.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

We trained to 500ft OEI but in the sim to 200ft in IMC.
A simulated left engine out always used to do my right leg just below the hip. In a simulated engine fail at 500ft and going missed it seemed to take longer than a minute before being able to start trimming the rudder, but I never timed it and I am not a regular swimmer which would indeed strengthen the muscles needed🙂

France

it seemed to take longer than a minute

It’s a very long minute

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

In the Looking for a TB20 thread the 2024 posts were moved from, Mooney Driver recommended the Twin Comanche. Reading up on Aviation Consumer, one of the comments is:

Counter-rotating props: A detrimental modification. It costs about 10 knots.

Is this true?
I can’t see how it would make a difference, except maybe interference between the two propwashes?

EGHO-LFQF-KCLW, United Kingdom

Capitaine wrote:

Is this true?

I don’t buy that. The PA39 is at least as fast as the PA30.

Germany
Sign in to add your message