Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Should we have non-GA topics?

Most of it is R&D recovery. I think a 2nd gen DES (a stent coated with a “chemo” compound which keeps it clean for the important initial ~6 months) costs the hospital about 2k and the rest of the 8-10k is labour (of which the consultant cardiologist gets about 2k towards his Aston Martin) and fixed costs. There is a lot of clever hardware around this, which they push up very thin tubes and then inflate.

I was initially responding to

is unable to get some types of medical help – you HAVE to choose where you want to be evacuated to (as per EASA interpretation of the rule).

AFAIK any non UK resident person has to pay for medical care in the UK unless there is a reciprocal agreement. If I was a Russian born, or the way things may be going, Belarus born, and had been in the UK/EU for some years, I would definitely want to either have lots of money, or have obtained a local passport.

We’ve had people banging on about various things from Moscow. They do this all over the internet already. Probably 30% of all posts on the Ukraine topic are from full time agencies in Russia, and Prigozhin himself runs some big ones. There has to be a limit to “free speech”

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

AFAIK any non UK resident person has to pay for medical care in the UK unless there is a reciprocal agreement. If I was a Russian born, or the way things may be going, Belarus born, and had been in the UK/EU for some years, I would definitely want to either have lots of money, or have obtained a local passport.

Hi Peter, having the UK passport while travelling in the EU doesn’t help the situation. The interesting bit is that isn’t only for people that are Russian born, but for people that were born else, and the parents travelled to Russia and lived there for decades (and were present in Russia in Feb 1992, that is the date), then they are still affected.
* heavy sigh *
I think the only way to resolve it is to continue exchanging e-mails with EC and then with the individual member countries.

EGTR
42 Posts
Sign in to add your message