Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Shoreham EGKA to Greece, via Croatia, Sep 2021

You still pay all the fees on site, but you won’t spend a few days of your life to arrange it.

always learning
LO__, Austria

Peter wrote:

So I looked at Sitia LGST and got this completely mad development

@Peter FYI AOPA Hellas have been informed and are following up this issue with Sitia Airport management.

LGMG Megara, Greece

Peter wrote:

the world has filled up with useless little men who have discovered an amazing opportunity in CV19 to screw others around.

The way things have been going in Greece, Covid is just another excuse for further service denial and so on. Maybe things like this might eventually tip over the bucket and the whole problem of over bureaucracy and red taping until you can’t see what is behind could be addressed on a broader level.

My respect goes to AOPA Hellas and @petakas for tirelessly working for GA. If Europe had a “hall of fame” for such people, my vote would be for them.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

Mooney_Driver wrote:

If Europe had a “hall of fame” for such people, my vote would be for them.

+1
hear! hear!

LSZK, Switzerland

+1
My deep respect @petakas

always learning
LO__, Austria

Ioanina LGIO would be a good place for a Greek fly-in

It is easy enough for everyone because it ticks all the boxes. And Greeks almost never fly outside of Greece, so we could have a meet-up with a bunch of Greeks

There would be additional benefits

A nice boat trip on the lake, to the island

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The additional benefit of such fly-in would be that everyone can fly from there a bit more within Greek airspace towards number of Greek beautiful islands. Plus I guess we would share immigration cost between several crews

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Peter wrote:

A nice boat trip on the lake, to the island

Peter go there, in Papigo villages.

its not more than half an hour’s drive from Ioannina.

Last Edited by petakas at 05 Sep 18:40
LGMG Megara, Greece

Snoopy wrote:

This is sickening. CV19 is the bureaucrats dream.

I think that is a bit too harsh. I have several friends and acquaintances who, even though they are twice vaccinated, seem genuinely scared and reluctant to return to a normal life (e.g. meeting people in grouops). You’re bound to find such people even among administrators and they will act accordingly.

Last Edited by Airborne_Again at 06 Sep 08:44
ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne_Again wrote:

You’re bound to find such people even among administrators and they will act accordingly.

Absolutely. And from what we have read here particularly about Greece, this is just one more occasion where they can be anal. I would not think that Covid has done much more damage than what they had before, it just added one more way of telling GA to go to hell.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland
Sign in to add your message