Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Session issues with EAD eurocontrol

Hi,

I've tried to access the PAMS Light AIP function of EAD at eurocontrol but keep getting an "Session expired - you are not logged in" error when the website opens a new browser window (PAMS Light).

I've tried 3 different computers and 3 different browsers (IE, FF and Chrome) - but still the same error.

I can't believe why they still use client side Java for this, unbelievable. (and the FAQ shows screenshots from Netscape Navigator :) )

Anyone else experiencing the same issue?

http://www.ead.eurocontrol.int/eadcms/eadsite/index.php.html

Thanks in advance everyone! /Martin

Hello Martin,

I experienced the same problem. Try to get the newest Java version - think it will work afterwards. I use firefox as a browser.

regards

p.s. my Java version dates from April 30th, 2013

EDxx, Germany

It's a horrible site, but I think the Java app is just a front to obfuscate the interface.

A few years ago somebody I know wrote a program which would download all the data from the site (about 20GB). Doing some protocol snooping on the TCP/IP interface he quickly found that the "login" was just a fake and didn't do anything. You could actually go straight in.

Later they changed that and you had to log in to access the data.

They kept changing the site in small ways and after a bit he gave up. It was a great little prog; about 100k and you could choose which types of charts to download for which countries. Or you could do the whole lot. It had to use randomised delays between downloads, because the server has code on it to detect and block automated downloads.

They use variable tokens in their URLs to make your bookmarks stop working after a few months.

The site is a typical EU job creation scheme, carrying 100% public domain material yet set up like Fort Knox.

Client side Java for this sort of thing is idiotic.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

I access this site from iPad (which doesn't have Java at all) and I can't access it using iPhone.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

I have just had a look... what happened to their HTML site? They used to have an HTML version of their Java site.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

The site is a typical EU job creation scheme, carrying 100% public domain material yet set up like Fort Knox.

I don't think they have ever heard about the 'open data' concept. Bring us an API and let someone else produce the frontend. It's the data we want..

Client side Java for this sort of thing is idiotic.

Couldn't agree more. There should be a ban on the jre plugin for browsers.. (for security if nothing else)

Hi all, It is possible to set java/html in your account settings... had the same problem. Only To find all german vac removed... :/

ESG..., Sweden

German VAC were never available. They are only available for a fee from DFS. Sad but true.

mcrdriver, thanks! Didn't know that.

9 Posts
Sign in to add your message