Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Self flown Business - another angle (CJ2 Stall/structural damage)

(is a wing repair even possible with the kind of construction used and the damage done?)

I see no problem in repairing those wings. They are riveted together from fairly small aluminium pieces that can be exchanged individually. Probably the wing spar will need to be replaced as a whole, but many other parts can be reused. That’s the big advantage of conventional metal construction over composites.

EDDS - Stuttgart

I understood it was to be written off, as there may be other damage elsewhere in the airframe.

If they repaired it who would buy it?

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

As someone pointed out, FLC in the CJ (Mach/IAS hold) provides the pilot with a friendly hand that covers your ass if you become preoccupied. This should be the preferred procedure when flying single pilot. In a similar fashion I am a strong believer in the VNAV functionality for descents because the aircraft helps you with the planning and management of you descent profile buying you valuable time that you need to set everything up and brief yourself on what’s going on ahead of you.

As far as unpleasant hunting goes, I’m pretty sure he thought the departure stall was unpleasant as well, and the bill for the airframe repairs, dry cleaning of his shorts, divorce attorney etc…

In a two crew environment everything can be managed through proper procedures and keeping an eye on each other. For a single pilot, you need to make the system work to keep you safe, not just comfy. I think this guy had bad procedures and habits, but that’s all based on the report – could be he had a bad day…

I fly the company CJ single and multi crew, and I really prefer having someone with me. It’s simple enough to operate, but I’m only human and I will make mistakes.

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma

If his wife really divorces him for this, I’d say good riddance!

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Nah, maybe not… :)

ESSB, Stockholm Bromma
25 Posts
Sign in to add your message