Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Route for vfr from edfz to egbk

hello, i am planing a trip vfr from edfz to egbk what would be the most direct route and level (Belgium and uk)

fly2000

hello, i am planing a trip vfr from edfz to egbk what would be the most direct route and level (Belgium and uk)

Here’s one option:

• Cross into Belgium at SUXIM (to avoid EBR04 which is active until May 29th), FL80 or above, calling Brussels MIL 5 minutes before the zone boundary for a transit
  • Route SPI (to avoid the parachuting at Spa), then MAK – KOK
  • In the UK you have two choices:
    • Get to land quickly and route at low level: MADUX – VABIK – TANET (descending below the class A, and plan for 3000ft at TANET), SND (call Southend for a transit, should be no problem)
    • Stay high and avoid the Danger areas east of Southend: Route KOK – CLN, descending below FL65 about half way, then below 5500ft just before you reach land. This is about 70nm over water – personally I’m fine with that, but everyone has different views on that.
  • Finally, route KEMPY – EGBK (talking to Cambridge as you go overhead). Controlled airspace here is at 5500ft
EGEO

Belgium should not pose a problem.

You have to tell Brussels that you would like to route to VABIK, then you get a direkt soon. On Sunday I had a direct VABIK before reaching Brussels.
My standard route goes KOK-VABIK-TANET-(this means 2400ft under London TMA)-LAM-BPK-ASKEY-BIGLI-Direct Sywell)

United Kingdom
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message