Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Replace/repair broken transponder

Jesse wrote:

Not completely correct, it is a direct replacement for the KT-76*A* and KT-76*C* models only, not for the KT-76 without a letter.

Good job there is someone on here who knows!

Darley Moor, Gamston (UK)

I have a Trig TT31, direct slide in replacement for the KT76a of which I still have several in the cupboard. I agree about the twisty knob with the one proviso that it’s actually easier in turbulence. On balance I’d go for push buttons next time simply because some (older) flying companions struggle with it.

EGBW / KPRC, United Kingdom

The gerrecht VT-2000 looks like a ok unit with direct entry, although I do not favor the keypad style.

However, it has an internal altitude encoder (nice), and free EASA Minor Change for PA28, which is the aircraft in question. It is also slightly cheaper than the KT74.

Thanks for the input.

G

The previous version of the Garrecht transponder was called VT-02 and the only difference is the user interface plate. You can update a VT-02 to VT-2000. I had a VT-02 in my previous airplane and it is a good product. Maybe Garrecht could offer you one for a lower price if you ask them?

OwenM wrote:

I think the KT74 is basically a Trig TT31 with push button entry rather than the rotary knob, I understand it is manufactured for Bendix King by Trig.

Does that mean that the KT74 is also a slide-in replacement for the KT76A and KT76C?

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

As Jessie wrote, yes it is.

You need to change tray to use ADS-B, and it will use your existing altitude encoder that were connected to the old KT76A.

G

Not sure on the KT-74, on the new TT-31 you no longer need to renew the rack for ADS-B. It has in input on the excisting KT-76A / KT-76C connector which was unused.

JP-Avionics
EHMZ
17 Posts
Sign in to add your message