Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Preliminary report into collision between CJ4 / C150

Well spotted Timothy, I agree completely. Unfortunately people in technical professions often are incredibly bad at things like empathy or generally being a decent human being, not to talk about expressing these things in their written language.

Low-hours pilot
EDVM Hildesheim, Germany

Timothy wrote:

I really object to the timbre and tone of:

On April 2, 2018, about 1709 eastern standard time, a Cessna 525 business jet, N511AC, registered to Avis Industrial Corporation, of Upland, Indiana, sustained substantial damage when it was struck by a Cessna 150 airplane, N5614E, while rolling out after landing at the Marion Municipal Airport (MZZ), Marion, Indiana. The airline transport pilot and 4 passengers of the Cessna 525 were not injured and the private pilot and passenger of the Cessna 150 sustained fatal injuries.
To me that sounds like the author thinks that only the jet and its passengers matter, while the lives of those who died in the C150 are an afterthought.

It would have been just as accurate and rather more humane to have written:

“On April 2, 2018, about 1709 eastern standard time, a Cessna 150 airplane, N5614E, struck Cessna 525 business jet, N511AC, registered to Avis Industrial Corporation, of Upland, Indiana, while the Cessna 525 was rolling out after landing at the Marion Municipal Airport (MZZ), Marion, Indiana. The private pilot and passenger of the Cessna 150 sustained fatal injuries. The airline transport pilot and 4 passengers of the Cessna 525 were not injured but the aircraft sustained substantial damage.”

The thing is, that was the report on the accident of the C525. For a collision between two aircraft there are two reports, this one being the report for the Cessna 152.

Here is states:

On April 2, 2018, about 1709 eastern standard time, a Cessna 150 airplane, N5614E, registered to the pilot, was destroyed when it collided with a Cessna 525 business jet, N511AC, while taking off from runway 15 at the Marion Municipal Airport (MZZ), Marion, Indiana. The private pilot and passenger of the Cessna 150 sustained fatal injuries and the airline transport pilot and 4 passengers of the Cessna 525 were not injured. Visual meteorological conditions prevailed in the area. Both flights were being conducted under the provisions of Federal Code of Regulations Part 91. The Cessna 150 was departing on runway 15 at MZZ a local VFR personal flight and the Cessna 525 was landing on runway 22 after an IFR flight that originated from Jackson, Michigan.

EDL*, Germany

Steve6443 wrote:

For a collision between two aircraft there are two reports

Interesting, didn’t know that. Learned something today…

Steve6443 wrote:

For a collision between two aircraft there are two reports

Not in every country, but apparently in the US.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Ah, I see. Thank you.

EGKB Biggin Hill
15 Posts
Sign in to add your message