Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Please keep things polite

That “other infamous forum” is really something. I spent some time there before discovering EuroGA. My favourite moment was when two people who were both clearly airline pilots accused each other of being “sim pilots” because their respective airlines had different SOPs in respect to the thing being discussed.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

Airborne, yes, the lovely my ego, is clearly, and, actually bigger than your ego, scenario. Just love it…

Fly safe. I want this thing to land l...
EGPF Glasgow

For the avoidance of doubt: I have to point out that, being German, all my posts are deadly serious and are to be taken entirely in their literal sense. Me and my countrymen generally expect the same to be the case with all other posts.

In the past this has led to all sorts of unfortunate misunderstandings, the last two of which did not turn out to well for us, so I am keen to avoid such unpleasantries.

So while I have no idea what a smiley is or what it does, I welcome this policy of providing a yellow warning symbol in posts that are inappropriately non-factual.

Biggin Hill

The problem is we have too few smilies. We have only TWO:
This and this and – none of them is pickable when using a mobile phone. We have no means of expressing ourselves emotionally. We are in fact emotionally crippled !!!

As a minimum we need this:

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

I’m having trouble understanding this thread. Imbued as we all are with boundless tact, meekness, modesty, sensitivity, intelligence and generosity, it is impossible for any Yorkshireman to construe anything said or written to or about us as anything but respect and adoration.
So anyway, @Peter, have a good flight, and @LeSving, +1 FOR THE SMILEYS!!!

Glenswinton, SW Scotland, United Kingdom

LeSving wrote:

The problem is we have too few smilies. We have only TWO:
This and this and – none of them is pickable when using a mobile phone. We have no means of expressing ourselves emotionally. We are in fact emotionally crippled !!!

Excuse me?

mh
Aufwind GmbH
EKPB, Germany

The two smileys here are pickable using a mobile phone browser. You need to enable the correct type of interface for a mobile device in your preferences.

One of the reasons we have avoided having loads of smileys is because they can get used to make a complete mess of a posting, which is then difficult to read.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
17 Posts
This thread is locked. This means you can't add a response.
Sign in to add your message