Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Part-CAO AMP - W&B and ELT/PLB inspection

Peter wrote:

@Yeager I have merged your multiple posts. There is an Edit button, usable for up to 2hrs. So you don’t need multiple posts.

@Peter Sorry, yeah I see. Got ya, thx

@Fly310 wrote:

Regarding the CAO requirement.
If the DTO/ATO is non-commercial, eg. an aero club, there is no requirement to have a contract with a CAO management or maintenance.

If however the DTO/ATO is commercial, a company earning money, there is a need for the CAO services that you are getting now.

What your saying, is precisely my understanding as well.
In my case it´s a company earning money (commercial transaction with invoice issued to the client (student)).
Hence, I´m trying to understand if the part-CAO produced AMP, for my <2730kgs non-complex SEP, in fact has to include the W&B and PLB (ELT) validity periods, considering it´s a commercial DTO/ATO. Thanks for your input!

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal

Yeager wrote:

The “No” was referenced to the part-ML. I could easily be wrong, but I was under the impression that to use the aircraft, which is less than 2730kgs, for PPL flight instruction and receive remuneration in a DTO/ATO environment, I would need to have the aircraft under a part-CAO airworthiness management and accordingly part-CAO or part-145 maintenance? – therefor I thought part-ML was not an option. Did I get that wrong?

Yes. Part-M applies if the aircraft is used under an AOC. An ATO/DTO does not require an AOC and usually does not have one. Thus part-ML is not only an option, it is mandatory.

ESKC (Uppsala/Sundbro), Sweden

@yeager

I see, your misunderstanding is believing it is ML or („vs.“) CAO. They both do not exclude each other.

1. First is <2730kg

Yes-ML No-M

2. For profit NCO operation

Yes-CAO AMP No-Voluntary CAO AMP or SDMP

Both commercial training and non profit training are regulated in Part-ML for maintenance rules.

Only commercial training aircraft require a CAO to approve their (Part-ML) AMP.

Last Edited by Snoopy at 27 Jun 17:55
always learning
LO__, Austria

@Snoopy
Ok, great, thanks for the clarification on that! Appreciated.
I then end up at Part-ML for maintenance (I wrongly thought that was called maintenance part-CAO as well), and part-CAO for airworthiness then, with the part-CAO manager approving my AMP
Then the original subject question remains if there is a legal requirement, for my type of prospect operation (remunerated/commercial DTO/ATO) , for Weight and Balance every 48 months and PLB (ELT) operational check every 12 months?

Airborne_Again wrote:

Yes. Part-M applies if the aircraft is used under an AOC. An ATO/DTO does not require an AOC and usually does not have one. Thus part-ML is not only an option, it is mandatory.

@Airborne_Again
Yes, got it, tacker. As mentioned above, I confused maintenance part-CAO with part-ML, wrongly thinking they were two different categories.

Socata Rally MS.893E
Portugal
14 Posts
Sign in to add your message