Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Paris, 23-24 July 2016

I would like to come to Paris, but I have to work the 24th. Only have a little chance to change my duty weekend.

Vie
EBAW/EBZW

Nestor wrote:

You’re very right, OTOH if we Parisians are on vacation (I go away the whole month of August), we won’t be able to assist with logistics.

Agreed, and from what I read of the Carcassonne fly-in, your assistance was highly valued. The point I was making was that simply from a tourist standpoint, less crowded is better than more crowded. Your suggestion of the weekend 23/24 July is a good one – a less crowded Paris and you will be around to help with the logistics. Having missed out on the Carcassonne trip due to a grounded plane, I hope to make this one!

TJ
Cambridge EGSC

Regarding going when the French are away on holiday, is this really relevant to Paris as we tourists know it i.e. the scenic bits?

I have been to Paris only a few times, but if I take London for example, 1hr by train for me and been there more times than I ever want to, very few people actually live in London. Well, very few live anywhere near the scenic bits, where property prices are the wrong side of totally astronomical. An apartment near Buckingham Palace might be £10M.

So most of the crowds are tourists, not locals.

Also, if we did it during the French holiday season, we will have the usual “pilot problem” i.e. their family will prevent them going to a fly-in so not many French pilots will be able to come.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

We of 23-24/07 works out. I already book the slot :-)

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

I have changed the topic title to 23-24 July.

It is necessary to fix dates as soon as possible because many people have their “social diary” done months ahead

Administrator

jfw wrote:

We of 23-24/07 works out. I already book the slot :-)

damned – no plane available that WE

jfw
Belgium: EBGB (Grimbergen, Brussels) - EBNM (Namur), Belgium

It’s important to be later in July (like proposed) to avoid football championship. I know that Peter is not into football and I guess he hasn’t considered it at all but Paris will be totally crowded during this championship.

LDZA LDVA, Croatia

Emir wrote:

Paris will be totally crowded during this championship.

…and many flight restrictions will apply. I hope they’ll be lifted by July 23rd.

LFLY, France

Nestor wrote:

I hope they’ll be lifted by July 23rd.

You can find the details on the restrictions here : http://www.cohor.org/en/english-euro-2016/

If that’s all, that would not be a problem.

Administrator
Sign in to add your message