Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Flying the Lancair Evolution turboprop in Europe (production moved to Europe)

Maybe it didn’t when it was new? That would be consistent if not very useful.

LFMD, France

Peter wrote:

Last annual 2014.

Never mind the annual… the bloody thing has no wings… and a trutrack AP for an airplane like that… ugh. Wonder what happened to the wings as it appears to have them in the pics.

I’ll see if I can get some information on it once I am back in BG. There must be an interesting story to it. Also the fact that its LZ registered would make for some interesting information, such as under what conditions it was allowed to operate.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

It’s easy to speculate what happened. Noone has wanted to buy it for 10 years, so the seller is trying to cut losses and eventually found another owner who needed some wings in 2023. They have so little hope for the success of the ad that they didn’t even bother taking new pictures (which would be a further detractor). They just added the mention in the description and adjusted the price as an afterthought.

Last Edited by maxbc at 18 Jun 17:03
France

It might have been an interesting plane because

• it is EU registered, and
  • MAY not have the VFR-only restriction in its Permit which is typically found in EU-reg Annex 1 planes

You are still stuck with the airspace restrictions on Annex 1 IFR, and the entry/overflight permits, but this would be something.

IIRC, mentioned earlier in the thread was a bit about the history which I found on the Lancair US forum: it was originally sold by a Lancair kit reseller to a customer in Russia.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message