Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for homebuilders :)

Even for 1-h-flights you can choose to climb on top with 1000 fpm. You also don’t have to bother about short grass rwys with an upslope in hot temperatures :-)

EDLE

If you’re not at altitudes, those advantages are equally available from engines less expensive.

EBZH Kiewit, Belgium

I don’t think there’s any prospect of climbing on top in a Fury! A friend who flies one has said he seldom goes much above 1500 ft. Although that might not give him much scope for aeros.

Jon_Mercer wrote:

I’ve made the probably foolish choice to blog my progress, and you can find that blog here.

That looks very nice indeed. I also made that foolish choice, and sometimes it feels really foolish after a month or two with no progress. But to (b)log the progress is in most respect a very useful thing, because it is an excellent place for pictures when discussing with other builders.

A plans built is real hard core/old school though, and good luck.

PS: Maybe a Rotec or a Verner would fit?

The elephant is the circulation
ENVA ENOP ENMO, Norway

Having bought a half share in a plans built Falco I can only say that my admiration for those that can complete the task is huge and my admiration for those who can complete it well are enormous.

Forever learning
EGTB

LeSving wrote:

But to (b)log the progress is in most respect a very useful thing

My plan is that public exposure for doing no work for months will keep me motivated! Only time will tell!

LeSving wrote:

PS: Maybe a Rotec or a Verner would fit?

Possibly, but my aim is to avoid as many mods as possible to prevent any big hold-ups. The LAA says approved engines are C-90, O-200, O-235, O-320 or 912 ULS. Whatever I do it’ll be one of those.

I’ve seen the picture of your RV in another thread. It looks stunning.

Stickandrudderman wrote:

Having bought a half share in a plans built Falco I can only say that my admiration for those that can complete the task is huge and my admiration for those who can complete it well are enormous.

I would love to build a Falco, but the space required is just beyond me. And in fairness, so is the effort. I think the Fury is probably the best possible overall compromise for me.

16 Posts
Sign in to add your message