Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Show us your (non-certified only) panel

RV14
The upper panel in my new Aeroprakt A32 ULM is bespoke but the centre quadrant where the fuel gauges are located and were included as standard.Thanks for the advice on the TAS value. This is programmability is one of the reasons I chose Dynon over Garmin.

EGHR,LF6252, France

programmability is one of the reasons I chose Dynon over Garmin

Vne as IAS or TAS (whichever first) is standard on Garmin stuff too. We sure could start a Garmin vs Dynon mud sling match, inviting others such as Advanced, GRT and more, but that is certainly not the intent of this thread
RVs and other “hi perf” airplanes have their Vne set as TAS, mainly for flutter protection. Does your Aeroprakt A32 ULM publish a Vne in TAS?

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Dan
Not trying to sling any mud, maybe ease of programmability of certified vs uncertified avionics would have been more appropriate.
The Garmin G1000 in my previous Tecnam was great but my new Dynon SkyView HDX is just as good but in a different way.
Thanks for the clarification on Vne.

EGHR,LF6252, France

I like what I have seen of the Aeroprakt A32. Not that I have flown one but a club at Meaux has one and regularly posts videos on You Tube.

France

Do we have a similar thread for certified panels? Threads related to this one is not showing anything :)

EHLE LIMB, Netherlands

Thread started here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

My Savannah with right-seat autopilot engaged.

Last Edited by ivark at 02 May 13:00
EETU, Estonia

Cool @ivark.
I see you you have the same autopilot brand as myself 😅
What are those bi red arrows on your speedometer, max/min IAS?

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland

Dan wrote:

, max/min IAS?

exactly.

EETU, Estonia

@IO390 I know you published a shot of your nice new panel somewhere else, but a foto sure would be welcome here too 😀

In order to keep this thread alive (and give some opposition to those certified panels out there…), here’s a shot of the simple Panther LSA panel I have access to 😎
It is, AFAIK, the only one flying over the ol’ continent, and powered by a “120HP” Corvair motor. We have flown > 400 hrs since it was imported from the US, and it’s been a fun to fly reliable cutie. There’s a single Trig radio and the remote ELT switch hidden behind the iPad.
Sporting a FP prop, the take-of and climb performance is sedate (at least compared to them RVs…) but it can cruise 130KIAS (speedometer is in MPH) all day, and reaches 150KIAS lever to the forward stop.

And no need for excuses for being asocial as it is a single seater anyway 😅

PS
The R7 looks active, but it was not…

Dan
LSZF, Switzerland
40 Posts
Sign in to add your message