Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Looking for an RV-10 builder in Germany who can answer some questions

Hi, I am entertaining the idea of potentially starting a Vans RV-10 build in the not too far future (1 to 3 years), and I am collecting information and opinions.
Does anyone know of RV-10s that are currently being built in Germany? That is where I live and where I would be certifying the airplane, and I would like to ask some questions about the build experience and the legislation behind it.
So far I found this aeroclub which seems to be in the process of building one, and this workshop not far from my place, which has experience with Vans and could probably answer some questions.
Do let me know if you hear of other people going through the same process in Germany and who would be happy to exchange opinions and info.
Ideally any Vans builder would be helpful, but I am especially looking for people with RV-10s because I know the certification process for 4-seaters in Germany is more complex.

Last Edited by Seba at 29 Jul 10:39
LFST, France

Looks like you already have some addresses… as you probably know, the OUV is the governing body for homebuilding in Germany.

Dan
ain't the Destination, but the Journey
LSZF, Switzerland

Dan wrote:

Looks like you already have some addresses

Yes but I need more :D

Dan wrote:

the OUV is the governing body for homebuilding in Germany

They are a homebuilder’s association (hence the V for Verein) and for what I understand they can help a lot with the certification, but they are not a governing body and one doesn’t necessarily have to go through them. The LBA is responsible for certifications.
I will for sure consult them too however but I don’t know if I will use their services.

LFST, France

Hi Seba

There was a guy (with forum name _Alex) on vansairforce.com who said he had started a -10 in 2018 – link here. I suggest you ask on that forum, as it is quite active. There is also an RV-10 facebook group. Both of these are US centric but there are a few German forum members.

Also, checkout Peter Aringer’s site here: rv-10.de and there is a club building a -10 here.

Vans also used to publish a list of builders and their addresses but I think that probably got killed off by data protection legislation. Nevertheless, you could ask Vans for details of other RV-10 builders in Germany.

Hals- und Beinbruch!

Edit – broken link

Last Edited by Raiz at 31 Jul 10:14
Top Farm, Cambridgeshire, United Kingdom

I think that probably got killed off by data protection legislation

If they gave their consent, that would be ridiculous… If they didn’t, publishing that would be equally ridiculous.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Raiz wrote:

Hi Seba

There was a guy (with forum name _Alex) on vansairforce.com who said he had started a -10 in 2018 – link here. I suggest you ask on that forum, as it is quite active. There is also an RV-10 facebook group. Both of these are US centric but there are a few German forum members.

Also, checkout Peter Aringer’s site here: rv-10.de and there is a club building a -10 here.

Vans also used to publish a list of builders and their addresses but I think that probably got killed off by data protection legislation. Nevertheless, you could ask Vans for details of other RV-10 builders in Germany.

Hals- und Beinbruch!

Edit – broken link

Thanks, this is a very useful answer! I’ll get in contact with some of these people.

LFST, France
6 Posts
Sign in to add your message