Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Does flight time in Annex 2 (now called Annex 1) and UL to count towards EASA PPL currency

Any examples of DTO.GEN.240 authorizations?

Estonia

EASA set up the regulation to allow time spent on Annexe 1 aircraft (ie experimental, homebuilts, ex military etc) to count towards the 12 hours and 12 take offs and landings needed, by experience, to revalidate SEP and TMG licences. It also allowed the hour with an instructor to be completed on such aircraft.
As an aside, it perhaps unwittingly and unknowingly to the FFPLUM and DGAC and against their will, the hours, take offs and landings in a ULM were also included in this. The one hour of experience with an instructor could of course not be included because of the different licencing. I haven’t got the exact EASA regulation in front of me for the moment but if anyone is interested I will try and dig it out.

France

@Lauri, we have an authorization for our Super Cub in the aero club. It is a formal letter with a decision from the CAA. It has an ICAO CofA.
I have not heard of any experimental aircraft that has received the authorization.

ESSZ, Sweden

@Fly310

Two questions:

1) Does your formal letter also work in different EASA country? What do you think? Can your Super Cub used in Finnish DTO for example?

2) How was the reasoning and evaluation of the aircraft done against the basic requirements prior issuing the formal letter? Was it done by your CAA, by you or any third party expert?

Estonia

@Lauri

1. If I am not mistaken It is the DTO that applies for the authorization, not the aircraft owner. Therefore it should be connected to that DTO. Another DTO would need to apply again even though it is the same aircraft. But I would have to look again at the regulation to verify that assumption.

2. I made a form based on the requirements in the EASA regulation and sent it together with copy of CofA, insurance and so on.

ESSZ, Sweden
95 Posts
Sign in to add your message