Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New topics

Every day, great many people read EuroGA

and most of these read 5-10 pages on every visit, and they are reading it “for real”.

The majority of the visitors are from all over the world and are identifiable geographically. Most are not identifiable personally, but it’s clear that great many people do read EuroGA as a sort of “daily aviation newspaper” and find it very interesting

The reason for this success has to be the relevant topics, the lack of trivia and drivel, and the polite nature of the forum with no personal attacks, trolling, etc.

This is all great, of course, but it would be even better if some of you started threads on topics that interest you

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter,

I was thinking about starting a “Spare Seat Available” thread, like on another well known forum. What do you think?

London Area

Feel free to start one

We just don’t have a “sticky” thread option here. That was a conscious decision, because most people ignore such threads after a while, so new posts on them don’t get spotted.

It may also be the case that a spare-seat thread works well on sites which are geographically very “local” e.g. south east UK.

Last Edited by Peter at 20 Feb 12:35
Administrator

Slight thread drift but what method do you use to determine “unique visitors”?

Fairoaks, United Kingdom

When I’ve run web boards, I’ve found it’s a very very small percentage who actually post, and even smaller who actually start topics – the vast majority are always “lurkers”. Not saying this is a bad thing, just the way it seems to be!

Andreas IOM

what method do you use to determine “unique visitors”

No idea. It is a google service, which analyses syndication link hits. They can easily tell from the IPs, etc.

When I’ve run web boards, I’ve found it’s a very very small percentage who actually post, and even smaller who actually start topics – the vast majority are always “lurkers”. Not saying this is a bad thing, just the way it seems to be!

I am sure, yes. But this also means that even a small increase in the lurker-to-poster conversion results in a lot of new posts

Administrator
what method do you use to determine “unique visitors”
No idea. It is a google service, which analyses syndication link hits. They can easily tell from the IPs, etc.

Google Analytics uses cookies. Which means the site should have a privacy policy, detailing how cookies are being used and with an option to opt out. But that’s another story…

EGBJ and Firs Farm, United Kingdom

Which means the site should have a privacy policy

We do, but perhaps we need an explicit link to it. I’ll add one now.

Administrator
EGTR / London, United Kingdom

To continue a “cookie” discussion, please start a thread in the IT/Website section.

Last Edited by Peter at 21 Feb 05:56
Administrator
9 Posts
Sign in to add your message