Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

New to EASA world

Hi,
First post here. Thanks Peter for the great site. You manage to bring some nice and positive people. Difficult to keep the discussion level that high and respectful.

So i am new to easa and would need to be put on track. I flew the last 8 years in the USA with my FAA PPL, accumulated something like 500hours and got my IR with some other ratings. Just moved to Germany 3 months ago. I went few weeks ago to the UK to get my Easa ppl (no IR yet). All was done in 5 days. Need the caa to send the paper to begin to fly.

So now i want to fly in Germany and all over Europe. Come the question of RT privilege. I have the UK RT and language proficiency level 6 in english. But nothing for German RT.
So here is my question. Do i need to get the German RT (azf, bzf I or II) in order to fly G plane and talk German in the air? The English LP6 should cover me for the flight outside Germany as long as I am talking in English. Or do i also need the BZF I or AZF to fly outside Germany and speak English?

There is a thread here for the French only fields but it is more for people visiting France. instructing thread but my case is a little bit different. I guess as a French citizen, i will speak French when visiting and hope the blue truck isn’t on the field!

Damn, i so miss the US common sense! Lucky me, i found a club with 7 planes (5 of them are “recent”) and 60 flying members. Plane availability shouldn’t be a factor :-)

Thanks
Emmanuel

LFBR

Do i need to get the German RT (azf, bzf I or II) in order to fly G plane and talk German in the air?

No, you only need to comply with UK requirements. Forget about AZF/BZF I and BZF II, only created to torture German license holders.

Oh boy. Why did you reopen this can of worms ? Welcome back to Europe. Home is where you put your suitcases down.

You won’t have any issues with the guys in blue in France. There is a big debate about whether you really need a FR LP or just need to be able to speak and understand French. There are no clear answers even from the DGAC AFAIK. Being a native speaker based in France at an airfield which is FR only when tower is closed, I use French R/T but do not have the LP in my NO license. As long as you speak and understand French you will be OK.

LFPT, LFPN

I consider home where my bed is!

I am not very concern with France. I will only be visiting and won’t have a problem with the language. And i won’t mind an argument with the poulets (pig, cops, gendarmes …) if they want to!
Sure i don’t want to argue with the polizei! Achimha, is it said so in the fcl.055? Or do you get it from somewhere else? Apparently, i would have to be flugleiter at some point (club policy). Would i need a RT licence?

Emmanuel

Last Edited by Manu at 04 Jun 19:42
LFBR

I am not a native, and there surely are people around here who could (and will!) correct me if needed. Still, for as much as I understand about Germany and its private flying environment, the main concern is that some local authorities (“Landesregierung” ?) want to make themselves important by imposing rules of their own concoction, not covered by any national or European directives or laws. ISTR one Bundesland tried to impose a requirement for a German language proficiency test, but it must have been refuted, I heard nothing more about that for a good while now.

In my limited experience, keeping a low profile, speaking a fair deal of local language even if less than perfect, and showing good will will get one a long way. But wether that be legally sufficient is beyond my knowledge.

Last Edited by at 04 Jun 19:48
EBZH Kiewit, Belgium
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message