domain:                          mooneyworldwide.com
created:                         16-Jul-2012
last-changed:                    04-Feb-2013
registration-expiration:         16-Jul-2013

nserver:                         ns63.1and1.es
nserver:                         ns64.1and1.es

registrant-firstname:            Jose Luis
registrant-lastname:             Avellan Prieto
registrant-organization:         Avansis Comunicaciones 2020 S.L.
registrant-street1:              Calle Jose Artes de Arcos 4
registrant-street2:              Galeria - Local 17
registrant-pcode:                04004
registrant-state:                AL
registrant-city:                 Almeria
registrant-ccode:                ES
registrant-phone:                +34.950082743
registrant-email:                Email Masking [email protected]

admin-c-firstname:               Jose Luis
admin-c-lastname:                Avellan Prieto
admin-c-organization:            Avansis Comunicaciones 2020 S.L.
admin-c-street1:                 Calle Jose Artes de Arcos 4
admin-c-street2:                 Galeria - Local 17
admin-c-pcode:                   04004
admin-c-state:                   AL
admin-c-city:                    Almeria
admin-c-ccode:                   ES
admin-c-phone:                   +34.950082743
admin-c-email:                   Email Masking [email protected]

tech-c-firstname:                Hostmaster
tech-c-lastname:                 ONEANDONE
tech-c-organization:             1&1 Internet Espana S.L.U.
tech-c-street1:                  Calle Narciso Serra 14
tech-c-street2:                  NULL
tech-c-pcode:                    28007
tech-c-state:                    M
tech-c-city:                     Madrid
tech-c-ccode:                    ES
tech-c-phone:                    +34.902585111
tech-c-fax:                      +34.902023296
tech-c-email:                    Email Masking [email protected]

bill-c-firstname:                Hostmaster
bill-c-lastname:                 ONEANDONE
bill-c-organization:             1&1 Internet Espana S.L.U.
bill-c-street1:                  Calle Narciso Serra 14
bill-c-street2:                  NULL
bill-c-pcode:                    28007
bill-c-state:                    M
bill-c-city:                     Madrid
bill-c-ccode:                    ES
bill-c-phone:                    +34.902585111
bill-c-fax:                      +34.902023296
bill-c-email:                    Email Masking [email protected]

Wod do you all reckon?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Clearly fantasy....but it's an amazing amount of effort.....for what purpose though?

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

Having witnessed some Chinese follies in the car industry, I wouldn't immediately call it fantasy.

Although it seems just a bit too megalomanic ...

LOAN Wiener Neustadt Ost, Austria

Much of it could be real but this bit

The Worldwide Mooney Aviation Holding parent company owns all research, development, intellectual property rights as well as all patents, licenses, permits, certifications and worldwide rights to the design, manufacture, production, sale, rental, leasing, contribution and participation, representation, communication and marketing, distribution of any aircraft or product, whether good or service, with the Mooney trademark

(my bold) is nonsense.

It looks like some advertising agency bloke knocked up an imaginary portfolio job for his CV. People do that; there is an Italian pilot on here who has some mates in some ad agency who periodically knock up a fake aviation magazine front cover, with loads of "Italian-male-style" glamour photos in it.

Administrator

Well, once they sell 1500 airplanes per month this might become reality. I just don't see it :-)

It looks like some advertising agency bloke knocked up an imaginary portfolio job for his CV

That sounds right. My first thought was that it was a Mooney enthusiast making fun of Chinese interest in investing in Mooney. But the two ideas aren't incompatible - potential clients might like a little fun.

As a newbie Mooney owner I was delighted today when ATC asked me to slow down during vectors for the ILS to 120kt or less...(from 150)....with power way back I had to wait some time to get to gear speed of 140...all while burning ~7.5 GPH in level flight...I'm more used to feeling guilty and being being asked what my maximum approach speed is and could I please maintain it! Gotta love those Mooneys!

YPJT, United Arab Emirates

Know the feeling Anthony. I did a practice ILS (in VFR/VMC) in Belgrade a few years back and was asked to maintain 160 kts to 2 NM final followed by a long landing. No problem even with the C Model :)

With today's fuel pricing, economy is paramount. If there is another plane which can produce this kind of speeds at such fuel flows, I don't know about it.

LSZH(work) LSZF (GA base), Switzerland

At 2nm you will presumably be on the way down the 3 deg GS so how do you slow down from 160kt to land?

What is your Vle and Vlo?

Administrator

The 172 is not to be confused with the rest of the market, I think. There's just too many pilots still, and many are older one, who will always and only want to fly a Skyhawk. Because they feel safe in it (it actually is pretty safe) and because they don't have any ambitions flying "more modern" airplanes. Becasue they know it inside out.

Another reason is that there IS NO new airplane that can replace the 172. The market concentrated on developing, slick, fast IFR machines – and on light aircraft (European "Ultralights") ... but here is a niche left in which the 172 can survive. It is practical, it is easy to fly, it has two doors, it can land on practically every airport - there's probably one million mechanics who can repair it.

While the safety margin of the 172, and the taper wing Warrior, (three times safer than the SEP fleet or more?), is in part due to much of the type operating in the training environment, they are still so much safer than the more complex SEP that rationally you may ask why fly a complex SEP. The new 172 now has improved seats, engine, air bags, avionics which address most of the GA safety issues. It is also perfectly practical as a 300~350nm light IFR tourer. The taper wing Warrior is even more benign, albeit suffers from the single door limitation. Until GA produces aircraft with similar safety records which can survive 50 years of training abuse there is a strong Darwinian force supporting these legacy types.

Coming back to the thread I am glad such an iconic type as the Mooney may be back in production.

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message