Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Meanwhile in France.... on a lighter note

That seems to prove that sometimes buggy software is useful.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Was there actually ANYTHING they did properly getting that guy a hop? I guess they started the jet OK…

Peter wrote:

That seems to prove that sometimes buggy software is useful.

Nothing to do with software.

It’s the pyrotechnic sequence box which went boom itself instead of lighting the pyrotechnic cord leading to the front seat rocket.

Nympsfield, United Kingdom

They could at leat tell the pax where he should hold when it goes negative G, the rest of the briefing is irrelevant although an extensive one is better
The whole thing went south with peer pressure from colleagues, also probably the pilot has never flow with pax on his entire flying life

On extensive briefing, I took a friend 9 years child flying in a dual seat glider, soon after I released from aerotow, I did hear a click on the next tandem seat, she had straps unbuckled, asked if he can strap them back but he could not, I flew straight back on the the smoothest flight and the fully held off landing of my life, after landing, I asked how his straps got unbuckled? innocently replied that he did unbuckled them, asked why? that is what he does when flying with his mum & dad but he was planning to strap them again before landing, took me few seconds to figure out that he is referring to his CAT flying

Obviously, I forgot to tell him to stay strapped full flight and there are no toilets/staps signs in gliders, the second flight went ok and he did enjoy it

Last Edited by Ibra at 15 Apr 10:43
Paris/Essex, France/UK, United Kingdom
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message