Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Garmin Pilot (merged)

There appears to be two methods. The first is by selecting the necessary chart in split screen and then pressing the map button (top right).

Alternatively, select the airfield with the menu circle, then go to procedures, select the procedure you want an this is immediately dropped onto the screen.

You can adjust the opacity etc by using the small “settings” button at the top left hand corner of the plate.

Last Edited by Dave_Phillips at 23 Jul 06:26
Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Not sure if anyone answered my earlier q. How is the data loaded into GP? Download direct onto the device from the Internet, or a transfer from another device?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter, I think it is a direct download. The Jepp FD I use is on a company licence and I’m having to ask for a new activation key, the implication being that GP is not linking to the Jepp App, it is downloading all the Jepp data. I’ll let you know as soon as i have an answer.

Fly safely
Various UK. Operate throughout Europe and Middle East, United Kingdom

Sorry about asking this question again:

Is it possible to display the Jepp VFR charts in GP?
That would “kill” the use of MobileFD VFR for me.

Best regards

Frank

EDFM

Peter wrote:

Not sure if anyone answered my earlier q. How is the data loaded into GP? Download direct onto the device from the Internet, or a transfer from another device?

Peter, you have a jepp login and a free key and it downloads it direct. Nothing to do with the jeppFD app.

Is it possible to display the Jepp VFR charts in GP?
That would “kill” the use of MobileFD VFR for me.

No idea I am afraid but the press release only mentions terminal charts so no evidence it relates to VFR charts.

Last Edited by JasonC at 23 Jul 08:27
EGTK Oxford

@JasonC
Are you saying that I could use my JeppFD licence for GP? I have a MFD + 4 keys subscription for IFR and VFR (Central Europe) and I use Skydemon as a VFR backup when flying IFR and I upload the charts to my Avidyne MFD. Is there a way to keep that AND have GP? Would I have to buy another subscription?

Last Edited by Flyer59 at 23 Jul 08:39

Flyer59 wrote:

@JasonC
Are you saying that I could use my JeppFD licence for GP? I have a MFD + 4 keys subscription for IFR and VFR (Central Europe) and I use Skydemon as a VFR backup when flying IFR and I upload the charts to my Avidyne MFD. Is there a way to keep that AND have GP? Would I have to buy another subscription?

If you have a free key or are happy to use your JeppFD key in GP instead then you are good. All you need is GP premium Europe sub.

Last Edited by JasonC at 23 Jul 08:58
EGTK Oxford

@Peter: As far as I understand for Jeppesen you have to login with your Jeppesen account and select a free sitekey. It should then be downloaded directly into the app. Jeppesen in Garmin Pilot
For AIP charts you need to have the Garmin subscription for the plates. The price for those was recently lowered to 24,95€ /year.
Those are synced within the app. There is no sideloading of charts from different sources.

@JasonC
Sorry for beeing stupid, but are you saying i can use one of the 4 keys of my JeppFD subscriptions for GP?

. There is no sideloading of charts from different sources

Thank you for clarifying that…

This (trivial to root Android) is probably a big reason for Garmin to not do a European version of Garmin Pilot

Jepp FD etc also blocked their Android apps from running on rooted devices, so clearly this is a major policy driver. Jepp terminal charts are vastly cheaper in the US so much less of a factor.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
Sign in to add your message