Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Pure Interest - Gaining an Engineering Licence

I can tell some stories on this.. I used to be a EASA147 avionics instructor. In fact I even repaired to component level MAch Airspeed inidcators, Electronic indicators etc..going from 707, DC10,737 etc.. Then I moved to a job teaching as Aircraft Avionics systems Instrcutor A340, 320 ,330 etc...ATA22, 34, 33, the whole stuff.....then EASA came....a couple of years ago I had in mind starting a business in avionics repairs/installation.....went to the CAA and asked for credentials to have B2 sign off capability for aircraft smaller then 5.7 Tonnes....bottom line ...as my avionics repair experience was before EASA country came it didn't count anymore....The fact that a year before I was granted EASA 147 Instructor/Examiner credentials to allow people to work on sophisticated Auto flight systems was not of any importance.....So for those inclined to start up a shop....be warned ...

On the other hand EASA would like to enable B2L with a less sever regime.....as they are noticing that the complete GA avionics business in virtually dead and the airlines are struggling themself to keep the B2's, B1 they have trained...(most of them got credentials based on previous experience). You need to be very dedicated to become an aircraft mechanic nowadays and the old days of being paid and trained by airlines are over...it has become a commercial business and the student pays it all....Thank you EASA

EBST
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message