Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Boot treatment products

Hello,
our deice boots seem to need a treatment with some product which helps to shed the ice. BF Goodrich Age Master is sold a crazy prices over here. Which products do you use and where do you buy them?

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

In fact, there are 3 different products from Goodrich : Age Master, Shine Master (and prep) and IcEX.

There are other brands, but it all depends on what you’re trying to achieve.

That said, none of it is cheap, particularly after it’s been imported and taxed !

I suggest you shop around, I have found that European Suppliers prices are very inconsistent and extremely variable.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN

Thank you Michael for the fast answer. I would like to treat the boots with a product which reduces the ice adhesion. Currently the boots work but I think performance can be improved.

The Goodrich products seem to be several hundred Euros and I can hardly believe this is really such a magic substance so I would like to learn about the alternatives available.

www.ing-golze.de
EDAZ

Hi Sebastian, I used to use IceX. It is expensive but the can lasts a long time. I have now converted to PBS products. I just had the boots stripped back and retreated which seems to help a lot and get the bugs off. It is a horrible job (I outsourced it) but makes a big difference.

I still have some IceX that I no longer use. Next time I am over you can have it.

Last Edited by JasonC at 06 Jan 11:14
EGTK Oxford

Sebastion – Well if you’re looking for a non-branded but chemically similar product, I’ve never heard of any. That said, I suspect that it’s some sort of silicone-based product.

FAA A&P/IA
LFPN
5 Posts
Sign in to add your message