Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Identify manufacturer please

This needs to be refurbed or replaced soon. Can anyone identify the manufacturer please so I do not have to pull the instrument to find out?
Many thanks

UK, United Kingdom

S-Tec

EDDS - Stuttgart

The S-logo stands for bad products at outrageous prices. Their official name is S-tec Corporation.

Good avionics shops such as Avionik Straubing can overhaul them, provided parts are available.

The actual company is Genesys Aerosystems after Cobham sold it.

United Kingdom

Avionik Straubing usually can overhaul such a DG while you WAIT. They did that with a Tur Coordinator for me. Took 45 minutes … But they would probably have a cheap used replacement for it too.

Thanks to everyone. Flyer59 is there any particular contact at Avionik Straubing?

UK, United Kingdom

My best contact is MARTIN SCHEIFL, a very helpful young guy (who is also very good with autopilots etc.)
[email protected]

Martin Scheifl does autopilot repairs, they have another team that overhauls gyros, they’re upstairs. Just give them a call and describe the problem with model number then they will tell you if the parts are still available. Usually it’s the bearings and not all bearings are still available. The gyro you have is a pretty low end one, I am sure they have boxes full of them from all the people that rip out their steam gauge panels. Probably best to just go for an exchange unit.

I mentioned Martin, because he will forward you to the right peope in the upstairs repair shop.

9 Posts
Sign in to add your message