Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

S-Tech fifty five

Has any one got an idea of how much I would pay for an S-tech Fivty five autopilot system.

I just need to know the price of the basic system as all the gyro information would come from a G500 via a Garmin autopilot adaptor ( sorts the KN 63 issues as well !)

Here are the US list prices. These prices are US and don’t include the installation kit or labor. Only dealer installations are approved. I would add an electric trim and possibly a yaw damper depending on the aircraft type. I assume about 80 hours labor for install. http://sharepoint.s-tec.com/Documentation/Shared%20Documents/Autopilot%20Selection/2014%20List%20Price%20Sheet.pdf

The Stec autopilots need to use their Turn and Slip indicator for gyro input. As far as I know, this is not provided by the G500 system. Some will blind mount the T&S. You should verify with your avionics shop what features are supported with the autopilot, for example altitude pre-select and if so, what if any prerequisites there are.

Edit, you might want to also include the Flight Director adapter with a G500 type installation. It is a nice to have, but not essential feature. I primarily use the FD command bars as a visual indication that the autopilot is working as I don’t use the FD without the autopilot on the Stec autopilots because I am not happy with its advice.

Last Edited by NCYankee at 02 Jul 13:47
KUZA, United States

NCY

Thanks for that info.

3 Posts
Sign in to add your message