Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

FAA AC91-67A - minimum equipment for Part 91, 133, 137

here
Local copy

This advisory circular (AC) describes acceptable methods for the operation of aircraft with
certain inoperative instruments and equipment items, which are not essential for safe operations
under Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR) part 91, 133, or 137 (including
part 91 operations conducted by parts 141 and 142 certificate holders (CH)).
The contents of this document do not have the force and effect of law and are not meant to bind
the public in any way, and the document is intended only to provide information to the public
regarding existing requirements under the law or agency policies.
This AC describes an acceptable means, but not the only means, to operate an aircraft with
certain inoperative instruments and equipment items that are not essential. While using the
means described in this AC is not mandatory, an operator that voluntarily elects to use the means
described in this AC must follow, in all respects, the terms, conditions, and processes provided in
the AC.

It is interesting that the FAA felt a need to publish this, given that it isn’t a legal requirement.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Peter wrote:

It is interesting that the FAA felt a need to publish this, given that it isn’t a legal requirement.

Pretty much all AC’s and publications such as the AIM have a similar note as none of them are regulatory. When they say “should”, it is a recommendation. When they say must, it usually is repeating a regulation.

KUZA, United States

I wonder if this is something new, or a revision of something old. If the former I wonder what was driving the compilation of this document?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

It is not something that is new, but similar wording appears in most AC current revisions and the AIM. This wording is included in the oldest version I keep in my document folder which is from 2007, which is 16 years old:

Advisory Circulars – The FAA issues Advisory Circulars (ACs) to inform the aviation public in a systematic way of nonregulatory material. Unless incorporated into a regulation by reference, the contents of an advisory circular are not binding on the public.

KUZA, United States
4 Posts
Sign in to add your message