Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Apollo GX flybrary data card - international database

To my huge dissapointment, Jeppesen and Garmin discontinued its support for the Apollo GX series end of 2020.

I operate a TB10 in South Africa equipped with a GX60 COM/GPS which works really well. I bought a replacement datacard with a 3-in-1 Jeppesen skybound card reader with the assumption that I would be able to download the SA database (part of the international database) and upload it to the card to replace the loaded US database. However, since the cardreader only works with the Jeppesen software, this is no longer possible.

Luckily, the databases of these older cars were split quite cruedely to North America, South America, and the rest of the world, named “International”. So anyone in Europe with a european based Apollo GX GPS should have the “international” database flybrary card.

If anyone has an old or extra card they are willing to sell, please let me know. I am also willing to swop my US database card.

What a shame this was discountiued since these GPS’s are still very capable pieces of equipment!

Regards,
Jean-Pierre

JP Rousseau
Wonderboom, South Africa

When did the GX end in manufacturing?

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

from the Jeppesen website:

“Effective December 3, 2020, all Garmin GX NavData services will be discontinued”. That is when the database support ended. The GX series GPS’s were sold from the late1990’s to the mid 2000’s. The first revision in the manual shows 1998 and the last update was published in October 2004. However, I cannot find a date on how long thereafter new units were still sold. The last database update would have been in late 2020’s.

Last Edited by JPROUS at 13 Jan 06:55
JP Rousseau
Wonderboom, South Africa
3 Posts
Sign in to add your message