Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

KLN94 improving flight deck annunciator, and KLN94 driving a G5, and KLN94 approved for GPS approaches?

It is very hard to shift used avionics in Europe because most people have to use them via an installer and most installers demand an EASA-1 form. I know because I get almost daily emails from people telling me they got Item X but their installer won’t touch it. So I tell them about the much discussed here EASA concession and they always come back saying their shop won’t touch that, either. I have lost count of how many people were grounded for months, with the part in their hand but without an EASA-1.

The best way by far is to carefully sell it in the US, with really good descriptions. An FAA A&P has the authority to inspect an item and declare it airworthy. I have sold a ton of stuff on US Ebay but as usual this is a fair bit of work (good photos, a long clear description, in fact the usual stuff to get a good sale on Ebay) and few people want to do it, especially when they have paid work to do. So the owner has to do this. And it won’t fetch the price you expected, but you can do ok if you are realistic. On Ebay you can see prices actually paid (Advanced search for Completed Listings) whereas in the various for-sale groups on FB (which are mostly full of dreadful junk) you have no idea.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Interesting that this nice, and rare DR500 President (very long legged 140KTAS tourer) has what appears to be a KLN94 IFR set up which I was assured was never approved in EASA.

www.planecheck.com?ent=da&id=50624
planecheck_G_RNDD_50624_pdf

You will see the full annunciator above CDI1

Oxford (EGTK), United Kingdom

Labelling issue on that panel….. “Throttle push full rich”

EGLM & EGTN

Here is a pointer to finding old approvals; the KLN94 must have been IFR approved at some point.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom
44 Posts
Sign in to add your message