I have a couple of references for exhaust repair here

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

Part 090

Known under these two part numbers:

TB20 56000009
TB20 56000016

Alternatively I could use any exhaust part which has this feature on the end

Socata don’t have any and don’t basically make them anymore except sporadically and at an astronomical price US firms are not talking meaningfully (Acorn or AWI) and welders seem to struggle with comms, so I am looking for a used part. I have some welding contacts here in the UK which can repair a pipe.

Administrator

We had ours completely refurbished at Gomolzig (now ACC Columbia) a couple months ago, and their work was fantastic and very reasonably priced. They also remanufactured the silencer kit in the process.

EHRD, Netherlands

So far, they have not replied to emails.

Administrator

I did what I always do, which is to email and then call a few hours later. After the call I got a quick response. My experience is hardly anyone responds to email in this business if I don’t also call them. Ask for Kevin Müller. He’s the guy who handles this.

Last Edited by dutch_flyer at 12 Jan 11:53
EHRD, Netherlands

I have found a used exhaust system which should be arriving soon.

Gomolzig did reply saying they cannot supply new parts but can repair ones I sent in. They didn’t comment on photos I sent, didn’t comment on whether the item can be repaired, made it quite clear they didn’t really read my email properly, etc. That’s no use whatsoever; with these bland replies one ends up extracting information bit by bit, and imagine such a company has now got a part of your plane without which you cannot fly…

Of the two well known US firms, Acorn can’t do it at all, and https://awi-ami.com wanted the whole exhaust sent in (after someone else told me they can do it, and after all they do show that part on their website) and it is just too risky.

Administrator

What did they say when you called them?

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

I got an email reply. I won’t use a company which needs to be prodded and poked to take my money

Administrator

Maybe not, but they are definitely the trusted people for aircraft exhaust systems in Europe. I’ve also learned I can’t expect US/UK style customer service in Northern Europe. They don’t bend over backward for your business, and yes you sometimes do need to be proactive to get things done. We also sent our exhaust in for evaluation, which they performed the day they received it and had it back to us within a week of us agreeing to the repair. It’s actually understandable IMO that they would need to see it in person.

EHRD, Netherlands
Sign in to add your message