Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

LOIK Kufstein and Erl

Peter omitted that the LOWI parking restrictions are only seasonal and finish on April 15th IIRC (check NOTAM/SUP). After that date, there are no parking restrictions whatsoever, not even PPR required.

Before that date, parking would be more difficult, but not impossible.

The more basic IAPs don’t require any special authorizations.

Mainz (EDFZ) & Egelsbach (EDFE), Germany

Peter omitted that the LOWI parking restrictions are only seasonal

That is mentioned in Post #1 in the thread I linked

The context of that thread was going to LOWI to ski. There are lots of similar restrictions on GA in the ski season, to keep them out of the bizjet places where they want the wealthy traffic. Annecy is another one.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

If you need an international airport I would go to Munich. It is prob cheaper and has no mandatory handling.

EGTK Oxford

LOWI is a good place, but LOIJ is possible, too.

According to the Austrian AIP for LOIJ and in general, you CAN fly directly to LOIJ.
Discussion could arise from the question, whether UK is part of the EU (no, not because of Brexit, but because I find no mention of Schnegen).
But a flightplan and pre-notification of LOIJ should definitely allow you to go there directly, too.

LOIJ

Gen 1.2

EDM_, Germany

This will definitely be after the ski season, thank you. So, no restrictions when there is no snow? Great.

Could a local advise me on whether it is more convenient to get from GA parking at Munchen or Innsbruck to Kufstein? So that’s ease of getting to the station, do we need to change (last time I went Munchen commercial and had to change in Muchen HBF), frequency and speed of trains.

Thank you for being so helpful, guys!

EGKB Biggin Hill

Innsbruck – direct train from Innsbruck Central. 0:30 – 1:00
Munich – city train (S8 or S1) to Munich Central or Munich East and then by train to Kufstein. 1:30 – 2:00
St Johann – train with connection in Wörgl. 1:00

Never flew GA into Munich, it is the wrong end of airport acc. to AIP info.
No idea about how to get to the trains.

Last Edited by ch.ess at 01 Feb 17:17
EDM_, Germany

Sounds to me like Innsbruck in reasonable weather, Munich if it’s really unpleasant in Innsbruck.

Thank you all, perfect!

EGKB Biggin Hill

Timothy wrote:

Sounds to me like Innsbruck in reasonable weather, Munich if it’s really unpleasant in Innsbruck.

Actually, if Innsbruck doesn’t work for some reason, I’d go to Salzburg. Easy taxi ride to the station and then a direct train. I’ve only been to MUC on CAT, but getting anywhere on a train is a nightmare as you have to take a regular S-Bahn (no dedicated airport train!), then change at the main station. Avoid.

18 Posts
Sign in to add your message