Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Lelystad EHLE

I just got back from EHLE and can say mostly impressed super nice guy at C for paying i even got a discount!! great food at restaurant !!! funny waitresses !!
and i have been told they extend runway to 2400mtr for big airliners sounds great hope this will not have any downside for us with under 2t airplanes

fly2000

I had a similar experience, they charged me the weekend fee, when it wasn’t weekend yet. Makes me think, tho. The weekend fee is lower, right?

Made up for a very cranky AFISO…

Was there to visit our very own Peter Mundy and his nice pilot shop right there on EHLE. Stop by, when you’re in the neighborhood.

Last Edited by Bobo at 01 Nov 18:09
EHTE, Netherlands

How much is the avgas? IME, it was the most expensive this side of Turkey, literally.

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

i didnot refuel büt it is 2,47 euro that is in europe not sooooooooooooooooooo bad i had to pay this year in italy up to 3 euro!!! or in spain 2,70+ !!!

fuelprices http://www.airshampoo.de/mod/icao/icao.php?prices=1&sort=100ll

of course for you brits since britex and the devalue of the pound euroland has gone up in fuelprice for you about 30%+

Last Edited by Peter_Paul at 01 Nov 22:10
fly2000

I paid way more at EHLE a few years ago. Something like 3.50.

Not sure what difference the £ to € rate makes to this, because one is paying in € when at EHLE…

Administrator
Shoreham EGKA, United Kingdom

100LL is €2,55 at the moment. It peaked a few years ago at just over €3,00 but oil was then over $100 per barrel.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Peter wrote:

Not sure what difference the £ to € rate makes to this, because one is paying in € when at EHLE…

makes no diff on the avgas price at ehle off course, but for uk based pilots it hurts more in the pocket
the same way it did for me when i went to the uk and the exchange rate was 1 to 1.42 now at 1 to 1.11 it makes a differance at least to me (i am currently looking much more to buy goods in the uk again maybe a twin …. lol)

fly2000

I wondered what’s happening (or not) at Lelystad recently. I recall that in the past it only had a FISO and there were some restrictions on times for IFR and VFR.
Benefitting from 200 million Euros of infrastructure investment, it now has Tower and Approach ATC plus Clearance Delivery (but no separate ground frequency).
Has this made it a much more accessible airport for GA?

The landing charges don’t seem high although are double at weekends. AVGAS is 2.77 Euro/litre. No charges published for instrument approaches.
The AIP lists several Dutch airports for which flight plans are mandatory (can be either VFR or IFR) and for which you subsequently receive a bill from Eurocontrol.
Will this apply to Lelystad too?

It claims to be the busiest GA airport in the Netherlands. I understand it is planned to become an overflow airport for Schipol (limited to 500K movements), with up to 70K movements/year of holiday/charter airline flights, and has installed all the required facilities. Some noise related planning issues prevented it opening in 2018, and more recently the drop off in traffic reduced the need for overflow. This recent news update from Schipol Airport gives a bit more of the background. This pilot magazine article suggests the commercial opening might be delayed until 2023.

Can anyone share a bit more insight into the latest situation?

If you were flying internationally into the Netherlands to visit Amsterdam after COVID restrictions have been lifted, would you choose Lelystad over Schipol and if so why?

FlyerDavidUK, PPL & IR Instructor
EGBJ, United Kingdom

Lelystad IS the busiest GA airfield in the Netherlands. Instrument approaches are only available outside UDP. There are 2 frequencies in use – Delivery and Tower. Approach is based at Schiphol and not usually manned. The field is still very accessible for visitors. No news on the planned commercial operations and as this is a political decision coupled with the current lack of a government there will be no change this year.

I would go to Schiphol if money was no object.

EHLE / Lelystad, Netherlands, Netherlands

Peter_Mundy wrote:

I would go to Schiphol if money was no object.

… and you don’t need AVGAS.
Am I right that there is no AVGAS at EHAM but there is at EHLE?

EGTR
11 Posts
Sign in to add your message