Menu Sign In Contact FAQ
Banner
Welcome to our forums

Landed no radio at Hannover EDDV

Or, as they put it on the COPA discussion about R9 disappearing from the website:

We are absolutely still supporting R9 for both our OEM and end user customers. You are correct in noting that we omitted R9 from the website. We are no longer focusing our R9 sales effort on one-off, aftermarket purchases, but rather on supporting our existing and future OEM opportunities. We’ve recently brought onboard a new VP of Business Development to spearhead attracting these new potential R9 opportunities. We have and will continue to develop product upgrades and software updates, including ADS-B, for our customers

Looks like the main cause was a weak circuit breaker.

Frequent travels around Europe

That’s quick troubleshooting !!

Glad you made it safely.

Glad that you made it safely. This one comes to mind: http://www.sust.admin.ch/pdfs/AV-berichte/2146_e.pdf

LPFR, Poland

Looks like the main cause was a weak circuit breaker.

What do you mean by a weak circuit breaker?
Have you checked whether it tripped during flight? That would be the first thing to do.

United Kingdom

I have to admit grudgingly that I did not try to check the circuit breaker panel when I detected the issue. To do so requires to move the seat and I was already close to the airport. There is a lessons learned element for me.

On the other hand a more accessible placement of that panel definitely would be nice. However, there isn’t any space elsewhere :-( as far as I can tell.

I did ask the mechanics and they explained that a circuit breaker can pop more easily after several years of being used. As everything else checked out positively my conclusion was to replace it.

The incident is part of my own learning curve. Unfortunately we humans frequently need to experience things first-hand to fully understand. I’ve learned a lot that day.

aviate – navigate – communicate – chk c/b

same applies to automotive inconsistencies of electrical nature before you bring your car to a repair shop
Airline cockpit crews also do know this story of delay at the gate waiting for the station engineer who then explains with a grin on his face “Oh there was a circuit breaker popped”.
However airline crews normally learn about this very much in the simulator …

EDxx, Germany

Just to complete the story – which C/B was it – I suppose ALT1?

Right :-)

29 Posts
Sign in to add your message